Website World Health Organization (WHO)
The WHO has published a job vacancy announcement on 19th April 2022 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Field Offices Coordinator to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||World Health Organization|
|Position||Field Offices Coordinator|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Seven years|
|Application Deadline||19th May 2022|
WHO Job Vacancy 2022
Description Of Duties:
- Manage operational planning and implementation of WHO’s incident management system at the district level, coordinate the technical, normative, and operational inputs, in cooperation with district team members, ensuring fulfilment of WHO’s critical functions.
- Inform, and monitor strategic decision making, planning and implementation through the health sector/cluster response in support of national and local health authorities’ identified priorities.
- Support the systematic and regular identification and monitoring of health risks and needs and the planning and implementation of the most effective prevention, control and response measures. This includes the dissemination of risk communication messages, the strengthening of early warning and surveillance systems, the delivery of quality health services and the undertaking of operational and scientific research to improve interventions as needed in response to affected populations, at the district level.
- Co-develop and co-implement a relevant monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning processes. Guide the WHO’s field support team on a continued self-assessment and reflection on planning, budgeting, operational service delivery.
- Make recommendations on WHO response staffing needs; liaise with WHO country office to ensure timely mobilization of the required human resources.
- Provide the Security Officer, on daily basis, with an updated list of staff, consultants, partners and dependents present at the respective field locations.
- Provide the WHO country office with briefings, situation reports and event management information; to enable the overall continuous monitoring and planning process would feed into WHO’s communication and advocacy products, situation reports, etc. Bring issues and concerns to the attention of the Incident Manager with a recommended course-of-action.
- Contribute to building the national capacity through need identification, development, operationalization and implementation of a capacity-building and training plan.
- Conduct regular and frequent coordination meetings with all district health and other sectors’ partners, convene internal meetings to monitor and evaluate programme implementation, district work plans, facilitation of resource mobilization, prioritization, accountability of all stakeholders and effective decision-making.
- Engage with other relevant local authorities and civil society to facilitate and ensure the smooth implementation of the agreed strategy.
Position in Organization:
- Field Offices Coordinator
- Grade: P4
- Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
- Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): One Year
- Job Posting: Apr 18, 2022, 6:48:53 PM
- Closing Date: May 19, 2022, 3:29:00 AM
- Primary Location: Ethiopia-Addis Ababa
- Organization: AF_ETH Ethiopia
- Schedule: Full-time
- An advanced university degree (Master’s level or above) in public health, management or public administration or related field from an accredited/recognized institute.
- At least seven (7) years’ relevant experience, at the national and international levels, in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of emergency incident management and response programmes. Considerable experience in managing teams, budgets and resources including developing and promoting collaborative actions with national authorities.
- Prior humanitarian working experience at field level with WHO, other UN agencies, health cluster partners or an international nongovernmental or recognized humanitarian organizations with expertise in disaster and outbreak response.Demonstrated experience working with subnational health authorities (province, region, and/or district) at the country level.
How to Apply WHO Field Offices Coordinator Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.who.int/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2203424
The Closing Date: 19th May 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.