Website Save the Children
The Save the Children has published a job vacancy announcement on 30 August 2022 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Accountability Assistant to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
|Recruiter||Save the Children|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||01 year|
|Application Deadline||12 September 2022|
Save the Children Job Vacancy 2022
Job Purpose: The Accountability Assistant will work to put the children and communities we serve at the centre of our work through supporting the humanitarian response to integrate child-friendly, gender-sensitive, inclusive, accessible and appropriate accountability systems (including information sharing and Feedback and Reporting Mechanisms) and support child participation. The Accountability Assistant will work closely with the MEAL, Child Safeguarding, and programme teams to support accountability to children and communities.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Support the implementation of the Country Office Accountability to Children and Communities Framework.
- Support data collection on, and analysis of, of information needs, appropriate and trusted information sharing approaches, and inclusive and accessible feedback and reporting channels, based on primary and/or secondary data, led by the MEAL Manager / MEAL Officer.
- Ensure information about Save the Children (SC) and its partners (where relevant) as well as key programme outcomes and activities are shared with children and the wider community in appropriate, timely and accessible ways. This may involve developing information sharing materials such as posters, facilitating the development of “Frequently Asked Questions” documents, and helping programme implementation and child safeguarding teams to develop information sharing plans.
- Support child and community participation processes across the programme cycle (including in needs analysis, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation). This could involve facilitating/supporting child-friendly discussions, adult focus group discussions, community meetings, child or community committees and other approaches.
- Support the development and roll-out of accessible and inclusive feedback and reporting channels, to enable Save the Children to receive feedback from children and adults. The channels will vary depending on context, but may include focus group discussions, surveys, helpdesks, hotlines, face-to-face feedback, social media, and other channels.
- Ensure feedback is handled in line with the agreed Feedback Handling Standard Operating Procedure, and that feedback and responses are registered in Feedback Database. Quality assure the documentation of feedback (quality of data, categorisation, etc.).
- In line with the Feedback Handling Standard Operating Procedure, receive and register feedback and their responses in Feedback Database. Make sure that feedback is logged in a professional and timely manner.
- Refer feedback to the appropriate team, including rapid identification and referral of serious concerns such as those related to child safeguarding, unsafe programming, sexual exploitation and abuse, and fraud and corruption.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (health sciences, social sciences, development studies or other)
- 0-1-year experience working in a related position in particular, Humanitarian experience.
- Formal training in Accountability, Monitoring and Evaluation, Data Management, Core Humanitarian Standard, Data Quality Assurance (DQA) is an asset
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Save the Children Accountability Assistant Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 12 September 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.