SCOPE OF WORK
Period of Performance On/About (From – To)
End of Project
Maximum Level of Effort
Base of Operations
The INVEST Program builds and flexibly deploys a network of experts from an array of organizations to frame and test customized financing solutions that address investment constraints, leverage additional capital, and generate development impacts to create value for USAID missions and operating units. The INVEST Program enables USAID to quickly access relevant expertise from a broad and diverse network of partners, provide tailored, co-created, customer-centric solutions, and drive cross-agency learning and advancement. Designed with a focus on researching, developing, and disseminating best-fit blended finance solutions, the INVEST Program pairs innovative technical approaches with new partnership models, and feeds learning back to USAID to inform its future initiatives in the areas of blended finance and private sector engagement.
The Activity Manager will be responsible for managing one or two large multi-year buy-in activities with significant labor and/or field presence, with support from technical advisors and the INVEST team. Responsibilities include providing technical and management support to buy-in activities, working with the technical and operational teams to identify and mobilize resources in support of implementation. The Activity Manager is also responsible for buy-in activity budget management and financial forecasting, in close coordination with a Strategic Investment Advisor and with support from other team members. The Activity Manager will also be responsible for generating buy-in activity scopes of work and budgets across INVEST’s portfolio. In addition, she will provide surge procurement and operational support to existing INVEST staff as needed.
Objectives and Duties
The Activity Manager will be responsible for the management of assigned buy-in activities. Tasks may include:
- Manage and track buy-in activity implementation progress by personnel, consultants and subcontractors, ensure it adheres to the approved workplan and deliverable schedule, and troubleshoot deviations;
- Support development and review of technical deliverables and contribute to subsequent learning;
- Manage relationship with client and implementing partner and serve as a project point of contact for the duration of the assigned buy-in activities;
- Lead on all matters related to the buy-in, including but not limited to contractual, operational, MEL, reporting, and financial matters;
- Ensure assigned buy-in activities are managed in accordance with USAID regulations and DAI Procurement policies;
- Liaise with implementing parties to ensure proper M&E data capture and data quality to contribute to overall INVEST project M&E reporting; and
- In tandem with relevant technical staff, generate buy-in scopes of work and budgets as needed
- As needed, support the project’s procurement and operational staff
- 5+ years of prior work experience working on large-scale USAID-funded development projects
- Significant experience in budget, operational, and process management and command of DAI systems and policies
- Proven project management, communications, writing and interpersonal skills
- Sound problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work in a fast moving, fluid team setting with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work in the United States
ORGANIZATION AND VALUES
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.