Website Médecins Sans Frontières
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Our dynamic Development Department is responsible for raising over $600 million annually in funds in order to meet the financial needs of our organization.
Working with the Director of Mass Audiences, your priority will be to drive the strategy to grow the size and value of MSF-USA’s First Level giving (<$1,000) audience, developing multi-channel strategies for acquisition, retention, recapture, cultivation, and upgrading to raise $145,000,000 in 2022. You will play a pivotal senior role on a high-energy, innovative, and growing team. The First Level program oversees all aspects of a donor’s journey, from acquisition to upgrades. The Associate Director for Mass Market Acquisition and Retention supervises the Workplace Giving Manager and the Mass Audiences Coordinator, and is responsible for their growth, programs, and projects. You will also work closely with channel experts in the Integrated Channel Management team (including email, website, direct response, events, and telemarketing), to jointly plan donor-centric campaigns and initiatives for sustaining donors. You will also be responsible for converting donors to sustainer giving, in partnership with the Sustainer Giving Manager.
Integrated Fundraising – Vision, Strategy, and Execution
- Develop and execute annual strategic planning for first level audience across channels.
- Identify and create campaign integration across channels, while increasing multi-channel donors.
- Drive analysis for audience performance and lead the team to develop action plans based on results to produce actionable insights, forecast revenue, and make data-driven decisions.
- Drive strategy for growth via donor acquisition and reactivation across channels.
- Drive donor loyalty by creating a retention plan for new, active, lapsed and emergency donors.
- Upgrade donors within First Level program and increase donor conversions to Monthly Giving, Mid-Level, and other higher level donor segments.
- Optimize donor journeys to create donor-centric fundraising and unify our fundraising messaging across channels.
- Devise and lead strategic testing on this audience to ensure continuous improvement, learning, and revenue growth.
- Simplify and unify messaging to First Level audience and seek ways to make giving ever easier.Development Department Senior Leadership and Collaboration
- Collaborate with other Development Directors and Senior Managers to identify and establish new business rules, initiate innovative projects and provide input on strategic department decisions.
- Be a thought partner to the Mass Audiences Director on key questions and initiatives. Identify opportunities to collaborate and maximize internal resources.
- Champion priorities for the 1st level audience, while fostering collaboration with staff at all levels and vendors to create buy-in, improve our processes, and inspire innovation.Manage and develop team and partners to implement annual strategy
- Lead and provide support to the First Level team, including the Workplace Giving/Third-Party Aggregate Giving Manager and the Mass Audiences Coordinator. Develop their talent and skills, and oversee their work.
- Motivate and collaborate across departments, teams, channel/audience managers and vendors to align on common vision and reach collective goals.
- Collaborate with consultants, data analysts, analytics partners in building out dashboards to analyze program, track response rates and identify patterns. Identify opportunities for automation and prepare for upcoming new digital technologies/systems.
- Prioritize projects to ensure that team focuses energies in the right places and projects.
You must excel at both big-picture critical thinking and day-to-day execution. You are results-oriented, and have a data-driven decision-making approach.
You should also have:
- 8+ years experience in nonprofit fundraising, marketing, and constituent engagement
- A demonstrated dedication to meeting a high bar and a history of getting things done even when encountering obstacles.
- A track record of successful teamwork, developing and maintaining strong working relationships with and among a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Excellent strategic planning and thinking skills.
- Experience handling multiple projects and ability to lead staff and consultants to successful results.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and an ability to present and persuade.
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, Word, & PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of first-level giving programs, multichannel marketing experience and nonprofit fundraising experience.
- Knowledge of international relief and development organizations
- Experience with workplace-giving fundraising techniques
- Experience managing teams with significant fundraising goals
Expected to work in a hybrid remote work environment with the ability to come into either the NYC office or regional hub (Washington, DC or Bay Area, California) a minimum of 2 times a week.