Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Uganda ,Tanzania , Cote d’Ivoire, Senegal, Zambia and Rwanda use Wasoko’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Location; Zanzibar, Tanzania
The role; Lead the logistics function at the branch level from warehouse to stock ordering and delivery to Wasoko customers
Duties and Responsibilities
Continuous improvement effort to the LCS SOPs with an aim to:
- Enhance the customer experience journey promoting retention
- Enhance the work experience of the logistics team
- Promote productivity and efficiency
- Eliminate risk
Primarily focused on inventory management (*commodities and spare parts)
- Follow up on best practices for weekly spot check counts and end moth cross-functional inventory count
- Own and drive inventory counts, ensuring for:
- Continuously have a clear line of visibility on OOS, updating the tracker on a real-time basis, to give visibility to the LCS Manager for support on the replenishment cycle
Document and track on a real-time basis all price conflicts (where PO value/quantity is not equal to supplier AP invoice value/quantity) thus giving visibility to the LCS
On-time and quality inventory audit reporting
Inventory movements reported are realistic i.e. no fictitious over or under-reporting of inventory quantities
Document and track all supplier deliveries to provide valuable insights to the LCS Manager for replenishment cycle adjustment/review
Throttle up any inventory-related issues to the business for support where FMCG BU intervention is required or through the LCS Manager for strategic decision/support where necessary
Adopt and maintain standardized inventory reporting templates across the country
Analyze branch inventory movement reports and surface analytics to the LCS Manager for ease of decision-making e,g.
- Inventory Movement Report with OBs and CBs
- Shrinkage Performance with comprehensible comments
- Slow Moving Inventory as per product, quantity, and amounts
- Agent Shorts with exhaustive comments
Gate keep and surface feedback on the TOP X SKUs product mix performance and off-take
Own, drive and encourage good warehousing practice e.g.
- Bin management
- Visual management – pallets staging area, gangways, etc
- 5S( Clearing, Organizing, Cleaning, Standardising, Sustaining)
- A degree in Logistics/supply chain
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Experience using inventory management systems (ERP or SAP) is an added advantage
- Experience managing a team.
- Attention to detail & Good analytical skills
- Mature, self-initiative, and positive attitude