Website Abt Associates
The Abt Associates has published a job vacancy announcement on 27 August 2022 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Chief of Party – Health Facilities Electrification to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
|Position||Chief of Party – Health Facilities Electrification|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||At least 10 years|
|Application Deadline||24 September 2022|
Abt Associates Job Vacancy 2022
Opportunity Summary: Abt Associates seeks a qualified Chief of Party a health facility electrification (HFE) and telecommunication activity. The activity will advance sub-Saharan Africa’s goals to improve the health and well-being of communities by drawing on private sector capacity and resources to provide rural and semi-rural health facilities with clean, reliable electricity generation and Internet connectivity. The activity will address the challenges in health electrification through a market-based approach, leveraging technical and financial resources. These efforts will complement USAID’s Global Health Strategy and the USAID Climate Strategy through the promotion and uptake of cleaner, renewable energy solutions that sustainably power health facilities, advancing better health while mitigating air pollution and creating employment and business opportunities.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide management leadership (programmatic, financial and administrative) for the project ensuring full alignment with national and international standards.
- Oversee the implementation of the project ensuring the achievement of all project deliverables and targets in a timely manner.
- Effectively represent Abt and the project and build and maintain excellent, productive relationships with government counterparts, private sector partners, relevant civil society organizations and donor agencies and serve as a leader in the energy and health community.
- Provide vision and guidance to the project staff.
- Identify obstacles and risks related to implementation in a timely manner and implement strategies to overcome them.
- Ensure implementation of accountability mechanisms to foster quality and ensure client’s rights and choice.
- Supervise and oversee the work of project staff, project partners and subcontractors
- Exercise sound financial management skills including effective project spending.
- Uphold the standards of Abt Associates to lead a high performing team; ensure strict compliance to USAID and Abt’s policies, regulations and internal controls.
- Guide the learning agenda for the project, use lessons learned to modify project approaches and strategies, and disseminate findings.
- Lead the development of the strategy for scale up of the project.
- Create strong partnerships with other implementing partners working in the energy and health sectors.
- Review technical materials to ensure high quality products.
- Effectively liaise with headquarters departments to support project operational success.
- Prepare and consolidate information for client and internal reports and conduct preliminary reviews.
- Ensure proper over site over procurements.
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s Degree in relevant field.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience, including 5 years in managing complex energy or health programs or programs of similar scope and size.
- Experience engaging private sector partners
- Proven experience in administration, financial management, award compliance, sub-award management, and tracking project performance and costs.
- Excellent management and organizational skills to lead teams to deliver high quality program results.
- Demonstrated strategic vision for the energy and/or health sector, leadership qualities, depth and breadth of technical and management expertise and experience.
- Excellent professional reputation and a proven success interacting with host country government agencies, counterparts, donors, and international experts.
- Proven ability to gather data and document program activities, successes, and lessons learned.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and French (if French speaking country). Local languages an advantage.
- Experience with USAID or other donors.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Abt Associates Chief of Party – Health Facilities Electrification Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 24 September 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.