Website FHI 360
The FHI 360 has published a job vacancy announcement on January 24, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Child Health Specialist to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
|Position||MCH Urban Child Health Specialist|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||January 31, 2023|
FHI 360 Job Vacancy 2023
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the health managers at KCCA, its divisions and facilities to design, coordinate and implement targeted and relevant service provider competences, and systems strengthening activities to address critical bottlenecks in the delivery of child health services using MOH-approved guidelines and tools (using REC, IMNCI, ETAT, etc). This will include strengthening child health quality of care activities to improve management of childhood illnesses, and routine immunization services guided by data to reduce inequities in coverage through supported microplanning activities to routine immunization activities and other Supplementary Immunization activities (SIAs).
- Together with the project’s Nutrition team, private sector team, and sub-grantee CSOs support the design and implementation of integrated interventions to increase community demand and uptake of essential child health services by urban poor communities in Kampala
- Support KCCA to strengthen its capacity to routinely use data to target technical support for improving performance on child health indicators at division, facility, and community levels.
- Working together with the Kampala implementation manager and supply chain officer, strengthen other elements of health systems that support effective delivery of maternal and newborn interventions including – supply chain for MNH commodities, supplies and equipment; health workforce; information management systems; and leadership and governance.
- Use Continuous Quality Improvement approaches to address implementation bottlenecks and scale up high-impact child health practices at facility and community levels. This should include pediatric death audits as a quality improvement tool.
- Contribute to the timely compilation and submission of quality and accurate reports monthly, quarterly, annual and at all other requested times, including best practices and lessons learned.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Position in Organization:
- Full time
- Posted: Yesterday
- job requisition id – 2023200101
- Location: Kampala, Uganda
- A Bachelor’s degree in medicine, nursing, or related health sciences
- A master’s degree in public health or a clinical discipline is an added advantage
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in in urban health programming with a focus on maternal, child health programming, QA/QI and provision of technical support.
- Must have strong organizational skills and ability to work with diverse teams across the organization and within Uganda’s health and other development sectors
- Understanding of the urban health service delivery landscape, prior work experience in a USAID-funded program and KCCA is an added advantage.
- Excellent skills required in program design, reporting, documentation, monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in working with external stakeholders with good knowledge of Uganda’s health system and structures
- Must be creative individual with strong sense of vision, commitment, and priorities
- Advanced proficiency in computer packages such as Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Excellent analytical (qualitative and quantitative) and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
How to Apply FHI 360 Child Health Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: January 31, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.