Website World Food Programme (WFP)
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 23 January 2022 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Communications Advocacy and Marketing Intern to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||World Food Programme (WFP)|
|Position||Communications Advocacy and Marketing Intern|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||1 year|
|Application Deadline||01 February 2023|
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
Job Purpose: The Communication, Advocacy and Marketing (CAM) unit has a number of communication specialists – social media, media relations, advocacy and media monitoring. However, there is a need for a good writer/editor to support the team in writing copy for social media posts, scripts for media interviews and a series of social media assets for campaigns. There is also need for a good writer to help simplify programme reports and data to simpler language and format for public dissemination.
The intern will help the Communication, Advocacy and Marketing (CAM) unit achieve consistency, clarity and well-written media content, including running a social media campaign in collaboration with the partnerships team. This will be a critical success in helping RBN Country offices to increase their social media presence as well as ensure written content is appealing and captures the hearts and minds of our audiences – including donors, governments, private sector, citizens and media.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive):
- Create, edit and revise various forms of communication products, including but not limited to technical documentation such as speeches, factsheets, talking points, opinions, prefaces, foreword, web articles and social media texts in a consistent and coherent manner across all communication platforms.
- For the above, conduct desk research of materials, including the materials produced by WFP and other relevant organizations, in consultation with substantive units and relevant staff in the RBN.
- Edit and proof-read written documents for external audiences prepared by the programme teams, including checking spelling, acronyms and other abbreviations, etc. The drafting and editing work may require some additional research and coordination with relevant staff.
- Ensure all written work is authentic, original and appropriately cited and/or referenced.
- Support any other writing tasks related to communications, as required.
Qualification & Experience:
- Candidate must be a recent graduate (within the last 6 months) or actively pursuing an undergraduate degree of which he/she has competed 2 years of undergraduate study OR pursuing a graduate programme in English, Literature, Social Studies or related field.
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English is required. Working knowledge of Swahili is desirable.
- Proficiency in computer skills and MS Office is required; Desk-stop publishing/editing will be good to have.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WFP Communications Advocacy and Marketing Intern Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 01 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.