Canadian Red Cross Society
At the Canadian Red Cross, we are guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons to apply, particularly Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized people, and people with diverse gender identities and sexual orientations, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
The incumbent will work under the direction of the Senior Manager. They will be responsible for ensuring that service coordination to or between clients, community partners, co-workers and local transportation programs is provided in accordance with the CRC’ mission statement, established policies and procedures, government guidelines and relevant legislation.
In this role, you will:
- Schedule and dispatch for transportation programs.
- Respond to inquiries regarding the program, assess client eligibility for service as per policy and procedure.
- Create client files, input client information into database and update them regularly.
- Receive routine referrals/intake information from local health center and private clients.
- Develop and distribute client/driver service schedule and inform drivers of changes to their schedules.
- Assess availability and appropriateness of drivers for routine assignments referring to service agreements and contracts, policies and procedures.
- Communicate regularly with clients/caregivers, drivers, funders and various Red Cross departments.
- Integrate volunteer resources within the job’s scope of responsibility.
What we are looking for:
- The minimum qualifications for this position are 1-2 years’ post-secondary education, and 1-3 years’ job-related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work flows.
- Experience in an extremely fast-paced and team-oriented office environment.
- Customer service experience, working with the elderly population, scheduling experience, volunteer management and training experience are considered assets.
- The work will mostly be performed in the Red Cross office in Sarnia, ON.
- The work is performed in a clean and comfortable environment.
- On occasion, domestic travel within the Sarnia-Lambton region may be required and driving a Red Cross vehicle is necessary.
- Hours of work are based on 35 hours per week, Monday-Friday. Flexible work arrangements may be arranged at the discretion of the Senior Manager, Community Health & Wellness Programs.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground)
NOTE: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.