Website Action contre la Faim
The Action contre la Faim has published a job vacancy announcement on 22 April 2022 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Country Director to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
|Recruiter||Action contre la Faim|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||at least 8 years|
|Application Deadline||05 May 2022|
Action contre la Faim Job Vacancy 2022
RESPONSIBILITIES: As Country Director you are responsible for overseeing the development, funding and implementation of the country strategy and the growth of program portfolio that effectively addresses the underlying causes and effects of malnutrition in line with ACF’s values, programming principles, and strategy.
You also ensure that systems / procedures are in place and being properly implemented, and that they ensure the proper management, well being and safety of ACF staff, and the proper use of ACF resources.
You will spend a lot of time working on advocacy, representation with donors, diplomats and Nigerian authorities. ACF is very well recognized by donors and the international community for its role in North East Nigeria. It gives a special role to ACF in terms of advocating for a principled humanitarian response.
More specifically you:
- Lead the implementation of the 2025 country strategy
- Develop and adapt on a permanent basis ACF programs to the humanitarian context in North East Nigeria and develop programming in other States (North West, other to be dertemined) to help health and other states’ services fight under nutrition
- Lead the whole team (370 staff), 9 person are under your direct management line
- Represent ACF in coordination bodies and participate in advocacy efforts to make sure that a principled humanitarian response takes place
- Are responsible for the ACF team security and staff care
- Ensure a positive collaboration between field team and HQ teams
Qualification & Experience:
- You hold a Master degree in development studies or in management. You show at least 8 years of humanitarian experience including in conflict setting with 5 years of senior management or leadership experience, including team leadership. You also have 3 years of successful previous experience as Country Director. You show excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. You are known for your excellent negotiation skills, and political astuteness as well as your excellent adaptation and culturally sensitivity skills. You also have a significant experience with external representation and promotion of programs with stakeholders and potential donors, and are able to generate goodwill towards the program with the intention of raising funds and the country grant portfolio. You are experienced in managing security in a volatile environment. Fluent spoken and written English skills.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Action contre la Faim Country Director Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 05 May 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.