Catholic Relief Services
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work are accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding
The Global Creative Director will oversee the development, execution, and stewardship of the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) creative brand around the world. The Creative Director is responsible for the visual expression of the CRS brand and is instrumental in building and maintaining brand integrity through consistent creative direction, design, messaging, storytelling, and photography across all donor and supporter touch points. The role is responsible for leading the creative team of design ers and freelancers fostering a culture of innovation, passion, and collaboration
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Collaborates with Marketing and Communication staff to provide strategic, creative counsel and concepts that influences, increases, and elevates CRS brand.
- Employs storytelling expertise and design in print, digital, broadcast, brand environment, and social marketing.
- Commits to developing a high-performing team through mentoring, advising, and serving as a grounded visionary with a hands-on approach, a “player coach” inspiring the team to produce inventive products.
- Provides leadership and support to the team through understanding capacity challenges and prioritizing/triaging work.
- Advances the strategic and design thinking within the department and agency.
- Liaises with department leads to understand, lead and secure creative and brand consistency for marketing and communications initiatives.
- Manages processes and practices to ensure creative projects are aligned with brand business goals and oversees the quality control of projects.
- Upholds our Catholic identity and Catholic Social Teaching throughout CRS’ creative work.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.