Website International Rescue Committee (IRC)
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on Sep. 03, 2022 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Deputy Director – Education Research in Conflict and Protracted Crisis to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
|Recruiter||International Rescue Committee (IRC)|
|Position||Deputy Director – Education Research in Conflict and Protracted Crisis|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum One years|
|Application Deadline||Sep. 11, 2022|
IRC Job Vacancy 2022
The IRC is looking for a Deputy Director for a pivotal management role on a research consortium. The Education Research in Conflict and Protracted Crisis (ERICC) is the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) three-year contract, £15.8 million programme to lead research on the most effective approaches to education. We include New York University Global TIES, Centre for Lebanese Studies, Common Heritage Foundation, Forcier Consulting, ODI, Osman Consulting, and Queen Rania Foundation. We work in seven countries (Jordan, Nigeria, Bangladesh, Syria, Lebanon, South Sudan, and Myanmar).
This role is for an expert manager of contracts and finance on FCDO commercial contracts. The ERICC Deputy Director will 1) lead a competitive grant fund; and 2) supervise overall contractual, financial and operational management for ERICC. You will be a core Programme Management Team member and interact frequently with the Consortium.
Position in Organization:
- Requisition ID: req30261
- Job Title: Deputy Director – Education Research in Conflict and Protracted Crisis (ERICC)
- Sector: Research & Development
- Employment Category: Fixed Term
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Open to Expatriates: No
- Location: Abuja, FEDERAL CAPITAL, Nigeria
- Significant experience in leading FCDO contracts, particularly operational, contracts, and financial leadership and management
- Experience in running funds or other large granting mechanisms
- Budget development and spending plans, and supervise the financial health of projects
- Risk assessment and mitigation, due diligence assessments and/or audits
- Excellent written and oral English
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Track record of working on own initiative as well as on diverse teams.
- Maintaining positive relationships with collaborators, and having excellent communication skills
- Ability to lead varied workload and work under pressure;
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience of working in international organisation or on a consortia
- Research project experience
- Having worked in one or more of: Jordan, Lebanon, Nigeria, Syria, South Sudan, Bangladesh and Myanmar
How to Apply IRC Deputy Director – Education Research in Conflict and Protracted Crisis Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/30261?c=rescue
The Closing Date: Sep. 11, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.