Website United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 17th May 2022 for qualified Ethiopiaese to fill in the vacant post of Director to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Development Programme|
|Position||Director – Regional Service Centre for Africa|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Fifteen years|
|Application Deadline||7th June 2022|
UNDP Job Vacancy 2022
Job Purpose: As an extension of RBA, and under the direct supervision of the RBA Director, the Director of the Regional Service Centre for Africa (RSCA), leads the work of UNDP at the regional level, representing the organization to regional bodies, mechanisms and institutions such as the African Union (AU), the UNECA, bilateral and multilateral missions accredited to the AU, and the African Development Bank. In performing his/her functions, the Director is formally accredited to these regional bodies and entities.
Position in Organization:
- Director, Regional Service Centre for Africa
- Job Identification: 3754
- Locations: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Posting Date: 05/16/2022, 09:19 PM
- Apply Before: 06/07/2022, 09:29 AM
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Agency: UNDP
- Grade: D2
- Vacancy Type: Fixed Term
- Practice Area: Management
- Bureau: Regional Bureau for Africa
- Contract Duration: 1 Year with Possibility for extension
- Education & Work Experience: Master’s Degree – 15 year(s) experience
- Required Languages: English
- Desired Languages: French
- Advanced university degree in Management, Economics, Business Administration, or other related social sciences.
- More than 15 years of extensive experience, combining strategic and managerial leadership positions, within recognized development institutions, with a proven track record of achievement in transformational development solutions.
- Demonstrated understanding of imperatives for successful implementation of Africa’s vision for structural transformation, as reflected in Agendas 2063 and 2030, and of how these translate into concrete policy and programme interventions.
- Strong experience in managing team dynamics, coordinating interagency initiatives, and working with multiple and diverse levels of partners.
- Experience in leading/managing complex change management processes is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience working with regional organizations will be an asset.
- Good negotiating skills with donors and other partners will be an asset.
How to Apply UNDP Director Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 7th June 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.