Website Mercy Corps
The Mercy Corps has published a job vacancy announcement on 27th August 2022 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Director of Programme to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
|Position||Director of Programme|
|Location||Juba, South Sudan|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum 05 years|
|Application Deadline||10th September 2022|
Mercy Corps Job Vacancy 2022
The Position: The Director of Programs (DoP) is a senior management position for the Mercy Corps team, with supervisory and managerial responsibility over all aspects of program design, development and implementation. The DoP leads the coordination, financial and administrative compliance and monitoring and evaluation of the country program, engendering a collaborative team spirit focused on achievement of program goals and objective. The DoP ensures that the Mercy Corps Program is planned and executed with quality, accountability and measurable impact. The position will support strategic positioning of MC South Sudan and develop proposals and budgets for donors. The DoP will guide future strategy for the organization and technical direction of the programs, including its technical assistance, capacity building and basic service delivery components to ensure that it continues to meet donor, state government and community requirements and standards.
- BA/S or equivalent in International Development or relevant MA preferred
- 5 ± 7 years management experience with specific experience and skills in program development including community-based project design, assessment and evaluation and grants management.
- Experience managing consortiums with international partners and multiple donor experience (USAID, OFDA, EC, ECHO, UN Agencies).
- Current or previous Mercy Corps experience
- Five years overseas experience including working with diverse, multicultural teams
- Proven skills in listening to, learning from, training, and mentoring key staff regarding development and other relevant skills.
- Proven success managing the administration and compliance of donor funding and the ability to develop proposals for new projects and programs from conception to submission is required.
- Solid analysis and strategic planning skills as well as a proven practical and theoretical understanding of the project cycle, issues of community development and relief are necessary.
- Proven ability to develop a program and to conceptualize and successfully lead and manage a team throughout the entire program cycle is vital.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to professionally and appropriately represent the organization and negotiate and defend Mercy Corps interests with a diverse range of government officials, local organizations and other groups.
- Effective verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, organizational, and prioritization skills are necessary.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members is required.
- Experience with emergency response and development programs and staff training and mentoring is also required.
- Internationally recognized qualification in project or program management or a commitment to obtain the qualification in the early months of work.
- Knowledge of Sphere standards and other training in humanitarian response preferred.
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Mercy Corps Director of Programme Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.jobvite.com/mercycorps/job/o6XPkfwW
The Closing Date: 10th September 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.