Website United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 24th Jan 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Economic Affairs Officer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)|
|Position||Economic Affairs Officer|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Advanced University Degree|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||8th March 2023|
UNECA Job Vacancy 2023
Responsibilities: Within delegated authority, and under the overall direction of the Chief of Staff, the Economic Affairs Officer will carry out the following responsibilities:
- Interprets, applies, and, as necessary, adapts econometric models to determine macroeconomic trends, patterns, and relationships and to analyze the effects of alternative policies and assumptions.
- Drafts specified inputs for technical papers and analytical studies on selected global, regional, national, or sector aspects of economic development, with emphasis on macroeconomics.
- Develops socio-economic databases and qualitative information necessary for specified recurrent or ad hoc assignments.
- Collects and analyzes data to identify trends or patterns and provide insights through graphs, charts, tables, and reports using data visualization methods to enable data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation, and reporting.
- Identifies and analyses policy proposals made elsewhere relating to assigned topics.
- Attends international, regional, and national meetings to collect information and to hold discussions with colleagues in other institutions.
- Assists in the organization and servicing of expert group meetings, seminars, etc. on development issues.
- Prepares speeches and other inputs for presentations by senior staff.
- Prepares inputs for reports to intergovernmental bodies.
- Follows intergovernmental meetings and prepares summary reports.
- Prepares inputs to statements by members of the Bureau and Secretariat staff to such meetings.
- Coordinates the organization of panels, round tables, etc. on development issues for intergovernmental processes.
- Participates in missions on development issues, usually as a member of a team.
- Organizes training seminars for national experts.
- Prepares documentation for technical cooperation programmes and projects.
- Contributes to the preparation of material for the approval of regional, country, or sector technical cooperation projects.
- Monitors, backstops and assesses the implementation of technical cooperation programmes and projects.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Economic Affairs Officer, P3
- Job Code Title: ECONOMIC AFFAIRS OFFICER
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 23 January 2023 – 08 March 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-Economic Affairs-ECA-198742-R-Addis Ababa (G)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in economics or a related field is required. A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in the specified fields of studies with two additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in economic research and analysis, policy formulation, and application of economic principles in development programmes or related areas is required.
- Work experience in the government and central bank is desirable.
- Experience in preparing technical briefings, speeches, and presentations for high-level officials is desirable.
- Understanding macro-financial linkages and the work of other international organizations is desirable.
- Experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
How to Apply UNECA Economic Affairs Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=198742
The Closing Date: 8th March 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
To apply for this job please visit careers.un.org.