Website World Food Programme (WFP)
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 23 January 2022 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Emergency Preparedness and Response Intern to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||World Food Programme (WFP)|
|Position||Emergency Preparedness and Response Intern|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||1 year|
|Application Deadline||01 February 2023|
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Peace, conflict and access
- Protection and accountability to affected populations
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive):
- Produce and contribute to the preparation of briefs, presentations, and reports for the EPR Unit. This includes supporting the monthly regional displacement report and other documents as may be required.
- Undertake desk research on the impact of ration cuts on populations in need.
- Collate inputs of NDMA capacity strengthening efforts across WFP East Africa region.
- Work with the EPR team to support the capacity strengthening of country offices to effectively implement EPR activities. This may include supporting Country Offices on WFP’s Emergency Preparedness and Response Package pending finalization of a global review.
- Engage in EPR activities that provide opportunity for cross functional learning and work on a specific project by way of sharing experiences from the different functional areas.
- Conduct desk research, reviews and analyses relating to crises and EPR-related issues in the East Africa region.
- Support in the synthesis and production of regional contextual risks in the region.
- Support RBN’s protection and accountability to affected populations activities.
- Support the EPR unit in the implementation of the RBN knowledge management strategy.
- Any other duties as required.
Qualification & Experience:
- Currently enrolled with at least two years undergraduate studies completed, or recently graduated (within the last year) in Social Sciences, Economics, Disaster Management, Agriculture, Development Studies, International Relations, or related fields.
- Currently enrolled or recent graduate of an advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) highly regarded
- A very strong knowledge of English is compulsory. Knowledge of French, Arabic and/or regional languages seen positively.
- Excellent computer literacy (MS Office, Excel, Powerpoint) is compulsory. Data visualisation experience (such as Tableaux) seen positively.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WFP Emergency Preparedness and Response Intern Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 01 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.