Website International Labour Organization (ILO)
The ILO has published a job vacancy announcement on September 03, 2022 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Finance and Administrative Assistant to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
|Recruiter||International Labour Organization (ILO)|
|Position||Finance and Administrative Assistant|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Completion of secondary school education|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||October 04, 2022|
ILO Job Vacancy 2022
Description of Duties
- Perform a range of specialised finance support functions and services for operational and payment-related work of the Office, including initiating and processing financial transactions in the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system and verifying that information and supporting documentation is in compliance with financial rules and regulations, policies, procedures and applicable standards.
- Monitor expenditure and budget allocations, updating information on project accounts and informing supervisor when funds need to be replenished.
- Maintain and update project spreadsheets and databases for internal expenditure control purposes. Prepare inputs, run reports, and extract and compile financial data and present information on the status of financial resources of the project to support analysis, budget revisions, and reporting needs.
- Respond to requests for general information and routine queries on status of payments and other budgetary issues.
- Review and request additional information on the financial reports of project implementing partners, ensuring compliance with ILO rules, before submitting to the Finance Unit.
- Classify and assign budget codes, verify and process claims for payment, and check payment vouchers, prices and claims invoices.
- Undertake and complete a range of administrative and operational support services. Contribute to the smooth and efficient functioning of the work project team by evaluating requirements, organizing and carrying out work assignments accordingly and proposing improvements to work processes.
Position in Organization:
- Grade: G5
- Publication date: 09 September 2022
- Application deadline (midnight local time Kampala, Uganda): 04 October 2022
- Vacancy no.: DC/DAR/GS/2022/04
- Job ID: 9445
- Department: RO-Africa
- Organization Unit: CO-Dar es Salaam
- Location: Kampala
- Contract type: Fixed Term
- Completion of secondary school education, supplemented by a formal training in an area related to accounting and/or finance, general administration and office support.
- At least five years of progressively responsible financial and administrative work, and some training in an administrative field. Experience in donor funded projects and with the UN system or an International NGO and in addition experience of working with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system is an advantage.
- Excellent command of English and good working knowledge of another language of the duty station
- Knowledge of financial and administrative management processes, experience with financial rules and procedures. Knowledge of operations in an UN organization would be an advantage
- Ability to work in stakeholder engagement and communications (organization of events, preparation of press briefs, etc)
- Ability to interpret and work within the applicable administrative and financial rules and regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviours and attitudes.
- A high degree of discretion with sense of responsibility in dealing with confidential matters.
- Knowledge of in-house procedures for the preparation of documents and administrative forms, and for the creation and maintenance of filing systems.
- Good analytical skills. Ability to reason and make sound judgements.
- Ability to maintain financial records and prepare clerical accounting reports and statements.
- Proficient in basic computer software (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Reader) and ability to use other software packages required by the Office.
- Ability to evaluate correspondence and inquiries for best course of action.
- Ability to respond to work related inquiries in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to obtain services from other work units inside or outside the office for completion of tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as a member of a team.
- Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to coordinate and oversee a broad range of operational activities.
- Good drafting skills.
- Must demonstrate responsible behaviour and attention to detail.
How to Apply ILO Finance and Administrative Assistant Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: October 04, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ilo.org.