Website World Food Programme (WFP)
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 24 January 2022 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Finance Intern to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||World Food Programme (WFP)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||1 year|
|Application Deadline||01 February 2023|
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
Job Purpose: Part of the finance strategy 2019-2024 is to build up team of professional staff through application of innovative approaches and beliefs in enhancing human capital as enabler to this success. Finance unit at RBN has embarked on various initiatives aiming at improving the service provision and ensuring the efficiency in transaction processing in addressing stakeholders’ expectations. The two key roles will ensure that payments to both staff and external vendors are actioned on time and accurately. In order to fully achieve this target, a little stretch is required for the staff in coming up with a standardized way of handling the processes without halting other parallel processes. An intern project will be designed along these initiatives.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive):
- Ensure weekly reports to focal person for review and onward dissemination to units for action
- Flag any issues that need resolving in the ITS system
- Ensure that the accounts for the regular vendors are monitored to ensure timely payments and reconciliations
- Follow up on statements of accounts to ensure timely closure
- Scan and maintain finance documents to digital repository files
- Ensure all documents are neatly filed and readily accessible when required for reference
- Timely and accurate preparation of financial documents as assigned
- Support with the departmental reporting requirements
Qualification & Experience:
- Currently enrolled in the university and have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies; or have graduated from an undergraduate or graduate programme within the last 6 months, preferably in finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related fields or other related fields or
- Currently enrolled in a graduate programme (Master’s degree) from a recognized university, undertaking the programmes mentioned above, and have attended classes in the past 12 months,
- Fluent in English (both oral and written) is a must; knowledge of a second UN language, preferably French, would be an asset.
- Training and/or experience utilizing computers including word processing, spreadsheet, and other software packages. Proficiency in Excel and fair knowledge of pivot tables. Office 365 proficiency an added advantage
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WFP Finance Intern Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 01 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.