Website World Food Programme (WFP)
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 23 January 2022 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Food Safety and Quality Intern to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||World Food Programme (WFP)|
|Position||Food Safety and Quality Intern|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||1 year|
|Application Deadline||01 February 2023|
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
Job Purpose: Food Safety & Quality (FSQ) has been identified as a corporate risk considering the increase in WFP’s operational and programmatic requirements. A growing percentage of food is being purchased locally/regionally and the food basket has expanded to include more processed foods, fruits and vegetables etc. along with the traditional grains and pulses e.g. inclusion of UHT milk in Burundi for school meals
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive):
- Random review of commodity inspection reports to establish compliance to contractual requirements (FSQ components), identifying testing/inspection gaps and gaps in testing methodologies which will ensure Inspection Company adhere to the validated testing methods.
- Supporting in food quality incidents investigations by ensuring all information needed from the field (CO) is available for the RB FSQAO/FT and HQ to respond accordingly
- Food inspection data collation and analysis, generation of quality trackers for different commodities which will also become basis for supplier performance evaluation
- Food quality deviations tracking together with corrective actions status to inform continual improvement status by suppliers in managing processes.
- Collating all corrective and preventive actions from food incidents, supplier audits, food non-conformities to ensure tracking of root cause analysis and CAPA closure
- Coordinating Compliance Testing process to ensure samples are submitted to the contracted Laboratory and results update timely in the system.
- Responding to urgent CO needs and liaising with FSQAO/FT if need be where escalation is required e.g verifying specifications, reviewing food quality reports, verifying if local regulatory requirements exist or are updated for particular commodities, applicable food standards etc.
- Prepare monthly incidents & corrective actions status, Food Release Status Report and any other reports as may be advised from time to time for all commodities in collaboration with the technical team.
- Collating information on emerging food safety risks, food safety and quality related intelligence/information from media, journals etc. and researching on actions to verify and mitigate.
- Providing any technical guidance/support when called upon by any other unit.
Qualification & Experience:
- Currently enrolled with at least two years undergraduate studies completed, or recently graduated (within the last year) in Food Science and Technology, Biochemistry/Chemistry, Biology/Microbiology, Chemical Engineering or other applicable course with interest in food quality as a career, or
- Currently enrolled or recent graduate of an advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent)
- Fluent in English (both oral and written) is a must; knowledge of a second UN language, preferably French, would be an asset.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft applications (word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in google suite applications will be an asset
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WFP Food Safety and Quality Intern Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 01 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.