Sakae Paradise Resort
Vacancy title: Head Safari Guide
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Hospitality, and Tourism , Category: Restaurant & Hospitality ]
Sakae Paradise Resort
Deadline of this Job:
07 September 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South – Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
As such the person filling this position needs to have:
• A minimmum 2 years experience as a Guide in a 5-star bush/safari establishment
• A relevant tertiary qualification
• Must be prepared to live in
• Valid first aid certificate
• A valid 8 Driver’s license
• Excellent communication and people handling skills
FIELD GUIDE VACANCY PURPOSE
A field guide provides a core service to the lodge/s, which is in effect the department’s “customer”. The field guides are fully responsible for conducting guided safari experiences at Sakae that are unique, personalized, professional and enjoyable, and are accountable to the Manager for the delivery of such experiences to the guests.
The main purpose of the field guide is to ensure that an a encompassing wildlife experience is offered to every guest with the focus on catering to the specific needs of each individual guest.
SCOPE OF WORK:
1. Ensures the highest quality of game experience for the guests.
2. Hosts guests in line with the Sakae Standard of Excellence. Responsible for guest activity and transfer planning. Making sure guest expectations are met and exceeded, flexible planning is expected at all times.
3. Shows an exceptional appreciation and sensitivity to the environment at all times.
4. Ensures that guest and staff safety is always a priority.
5. Communicates with Front of House staff to ensure the best possible experience for guests.
6. Conscientious maintenance and care of vehicles and related equipment.
7.Carries out administration duties, to report to head office timeously and effectively.
8. Undertakes a process of continuous education of self and other members of staff.
9. Achieves service excellence through Teamwork.
10. Responsible for guiding
11. Communication with the camp on time for your return to camp so welcome/food is on time when guests arrive back in camp
12. Hosting of guests and communicate with both waiter/waitress about drink suggestions and presentation of drinks
13. Most importantly giving guests the best experience that they will always remember and share with their friends.
14. Responsible for company equipment such as vehicles, bicycles, guiding equipment, radios
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]