Website United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 02 September 2022 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Humanitarian Affairs Officer – ISCG to be based in Maiduguri, Nigeria.
|Recruiter||United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)|
|Position||Humanitarian Affairs Officer – ISCG|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||2 years|
|Application Deadline||16 September 2022|
UNDP Job Vacancy 2022
Summary of key functions:
- Support the functioning of ISCG
- Information Collection in support of Humanitarian Analysis and Response,
- Information Sharing
- Monitoring of humanitarian issues and Reporting
- Monitors, analyses and reports on humanitarian response and developments, disaster relief/management programmes or emergency situations in the country.
- Assists or leads, as appropriate, in preparing OCHA reports, studies, background papers, policy guidelines, correspondence, presentations, policy guidelines, parliamentary documents, etc.
- Organizes and prepares studies on humanitarian, emergency relief and cash-related issues; organizes follow-up work, including inter-agency technical review meetings to support policy development work and decision-making on important issues; and ensures the implementation of recommendations from relevant studies.
- Leads and/or participates in large, complex projects, assessments, or other missions; coordinates international humanitarian/emergency assistance for complex emergency/disaster situations; prepares situation reports to the international community, apprising of situation to date and specifying gaps; unmet requirements.
- Assists national government counterparts in capacity-building for handling emergencies.
- Establishes and maintains contacts with government officials, other UN agencies, nongovernmental organizations, diplomatic missions, media, etc.; ensures appropriate mechanisms to facilitate collaboration and exchange of information, both in and outside the UN system, including on early warning and contingency planning, etc.
- Ensure the safeguarding of humanitarian principles, humanitarian access, and effective delivery of humanitarian assistance; keep abreast of the latest developments; liaise with other humanitarian organizations, donors, etc.; ensure appropriate monitoring and reporting mechanisms, and provide information and advice on a range of related issues.
- Organizes and participates in work groups, meetings, conferences, and consultations with other agencies and partners on humanitarian and emergency cash-related matters.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in political science, sociology, law, international relations, or other related fields.
- A relevant first level university degree with qualifying 04 years’ experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Up to two (02) years of relevant professional experience, preferably in complex emergency and inter-agency contexts particularly the Northeast of Nigeria, dealing with relief and transitional issues.
- Familiarity with UN policies, rules, and procedures, particularly in relation to humanitarian response and coordination, and knowledge of institutional mandates, policies and guidelines pertaining to humanitarian assistance, especially the humanitarian reform agenda.
- Ability to research, analyze, evaluate, synthesize information, network and build partnership.
- Ability to express clearly and concisely, ideas and concepts in written and oral form.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc).
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNDP Humanitarian Affairs Officer – ISCG Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 16 September 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.