Website United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on May 13, 2022, for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Individual Consultant to support the MoPSE to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
|Recruiter||United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)|
|Position||UNICEF Zimbabwe is inviting applications for an individual consultant to support the MoPSE in conducting a gender analysis of the education sector in Zimbabwe|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Master’s in Gender, Education, Development Studies|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||May 25, 2022|
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2022
The Gender Analysis should provide quantitative and qualitative information, sex-age disaggregated data and analysis of systemic gender sensitivityin the education sector in Zimbabwe in order to contribute to facilitate the development of gender equality strategy and increase awareness around gender equality and empowerment of girls in the education sector.
The analysis should include:
- Key barriers to achieving gender equality (including social norms, legislative, institutional capacity, political will etc.) and knowledge gaps, to be drawn from i) data analysis, and ii) review of the national policies, plans and reports related to gender equality in education;
- Key recommendations and an action plan for MoPSE to strengthen its systemic gender equality approach and, where necessary, adjust its key national documents and their implementation accordingly.
- A mapping of government, civil society and development partner actors with their mandate, capacity and added value in the implementation of the above action plan for achieving gender equality within the education system.
Position in Organization:
- Job no: 550937
- Contract type: Consultancy
- Duty Station: Harare
- Level: Consultancy
- Location: Zimbabwe
- Categories: Education
- A Master’s in Gender, Education, Development Studies, or Social Science
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience working in education development or in a development context.
- Sound knowledge in gender and education
- Ability to engage and work with a variety of stakeholders (government, development partners, civil society)
- Good communication and facilitation skills
- Good oral and written communication skills in English, with good report writing skills
- Analytical, with good computer and data analysis skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to support multi-disciplinary teams in a multi- cultural environment
- Familiarity with the Zimbabwean education context
How to Apply UNICEF Individual Consultant to support the MoPSE Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/550937
The Closing Date: May 25, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.