Website United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA )
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 20th May 2022 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Intern Economic Affairs to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Economic Commission for Africa|
|Position||Intern Economic Affairs|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||22|
|Experience Required||No Working Experience|
|Application Deadline||13th Nov 2022|
UNECA Job Vacancy 2022
- The Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) and Africa Sports Unified (ASU) launched in April 2021 the Programme of Work on Sport and Trade to leverage the ability for sport to support the inclusive implementation of the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) by targeting youth, women and girls and persons with disabilities.
- The programme aims to explore and leverage the linkage between the AfCFTA and sport through knowledge generation and stakeholder engagement. The programme will understand how building and growing an inclusive and sustainable sports ecosystem can promote regional cooperation, entrepreneurship, employability, innovation, manufacturing and ultimately inclusive intra-African trade.
- It also explores opportunities the AfCFTA brings to address the multidimensional challenges young people and women face in Africa to obtain quality jobs and decent wages by creating new opportunities for intra-African trade across manufacturing and services sectors in the African sports industry. It will address the limited access youth and women have to professional associations and to the resources that can support their participation in trade. At the same time, it will focus on the transfer of knowledge from leading research on entrepreneurship and innovation, including training and skills development.
- The AfCFTA holds a promise to accelerate inclusive and sustainable development in Africa through the creation of a single and liberalized market for goods and services which will increase intra-African trade and boost revenues and livelihoods.
- With trading having commenced on 1 January this year, the AfCFTA presents an opportunity to address the challenges young people face in Africa in obtaining employment and decent wages by creating new opportunities for trading and entrepreneurial activities across various manufacturing and services sectors.
- One research component of the work stream focus on learning lessons from sports to support regional cooperation, boost intra-African trade, and improve peace and security on the continent. The second research component will address questions of the role of sports in the implementation of the AfCFTA, including sports as trade in services, intellectual property, investment, competition, and opportunities for manufacturing and job creation, such as in Botswana and Mauritius. Research components address inclusive implementation by looking at the potential of sports to support youth and women in terms of entrepreneurship, employment, and innovation. This knowledge generation will include case studies and lessons learned from the continent and outside, such as the Qatar experience in sports diplomacy, in order to provide evidence to inform the subsequent aspects of this project.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Intern – Economic Affairs, I (Temporary Job Opening)
- Job Code Title: INTERN – ECONOMIC AFFAIRS
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 19 May 2022 – 13 November 2022
- Job Opening Number: 22-Economic Affairs-ECA-178717-J-Addis Ababa (A)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
How to Apply UNECA Intern Economic Affairs Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=178717
The Closing Date: 13th Nov 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.