Website UN Habitat
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 3rd Sept 2022 for qualified Kenyans to fill in the vacant post of Intern Programme Support to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN- Habitat)|
|Position||Intern Programme Support|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Graduate School Programme|
|Experience Required||No Working Experience|
|Application Deadline||16th Sept 2022|
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2022
Job Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the intern will:
- Assist in the communication, knowledge management and daily operations of digital platforms (www.unhabitat.org/psup: www.mypsup.org)
- Support in the management of knowledge materials developed through the programme and contribute to the capacity development strategy.
- Keep track of significant national/regional/international media events involving the programme, maintaining and updating of websites and labelling and classification of visual materials.
- Support the labelling and classification of visual materials such as thematic fact sheets, quick guides related to slum upgrading.
- Support in the production of advocacy and outreach material related to slum upgrading as needed.
- Support in the data collection, literature review, writing and compilation of global case studies for learning.
- Support in the development of concept notes on participatory slums and informal settlements upgrading.
- Support in a country communication campaign.
- Support in the restructuring process of the content of MyPSUP country subpages.
- Support in the development of an integrated urban regeneration and planning guide with a methodology for planning in slums and informal neighbourhoods as well as for sustainable urban regeneration fostering creative economies and local
- Assist PSUP and other countries with neighbourhood planning and urban regeneration activities during the implementation of the programme at country level.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: INTERN – PROGRAMME SUPPORT, I (Temporary Job Opening)
- Job Code Title: INTERN – PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT
- Department/Office: United Nations Human Settlements Programme
- Duty Station: NAIROBI
- Posting Period: 02 September 2022 – 16 September 2022
- Job Opening Number: 22-Programme Management-UN-HABITAT-188682-J-Nairobi (O)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- Experience drafting official correspondence and reports is required.
Knowledge of research and analysis tools is required.
- Experience in analysis and developing evaluation findings and recommendations and discussing them with management is required.
- Experience in poverty alleviation programmes is desirable.
- Experience working in Slum Upgrading and Urban Regeneration Programmes is desirable.
How to Apply UN Habitat Intern Programme Support Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=188682
The Closing Date: 16th Sept 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.