Website United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 24th Jan 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of International MHPSS Specialist to be based in Mekele, Tigray, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)|
|Position||International MHPSS Specialist|
|Location||Mekele, Tigray, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||29th Jan 2023|
UNDP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ongoing assessment of current PSS interventions and staff knowledge and skills in UNFPA’s Women and Girls Friendly Spaces (WGFS) and One Stop Centers ( OSC), with attention to staff changes, ongoing recruitment, and increase in number of centers.
- Lead the design of MHPSS interventions for UNFPA and implementing partners in Tigray, including consideration of a cognitive behavior-based approach tailored to staff without formal MHPSS qualifications.
- Support ongoing assessment of psychosocial needs of men and boys in affected locations/IDP sites and support appropriate activities in collaboration with social welfare officers /GBV case workers and participants.
- Develop training, mentoring and a supervision plan to equip GBV caseworkers and case managers/social workers/Midwives to deliver specialized interventions that address common psychosocial responses to both long standing and acute trauma and abuse. Deliver training sessions and maintain intensive follow-up/coaching to ensure skill development and application.
- Lead and support case managers with training reviews on PFA and other psychosocial interventions to ensure capacity of health staff and community mobilisers to recognize and respond appropriately to MHPSS needs in close collaboration with the International GBV Case Management Specialist.
- Lead and support ongoing self-care sessions of UNFPA staff and IP case workers and social welfare officers, facilitated by IP case managers and national MHPSS Specialist.
- Develop/Regularly review and modify when necessary existing field manuals and guidance materials to ensure ongoing cultural appropriateness
- Review existing monitoring tools to ensure MHPSS interventions are being carried out in compliance with international guidelines and best practices.
- Represent UNFPA in MHPSS coordination structures and maintain linkage between MHPSS Working Group and GBV AoR to support information sharing and skills transfer.
- Actively participate in and support the facilitation of inter-agency, multi-sectoral GBV and MHPSS coordination groups at national and local levels as necessary.
- Bring an MHPSS lens to reporting and assessments undertaken by UNFPA partners or jointly with other organizations.
- Identify MHPSS services available to include in GBV referral pathways at UNFPA-sponsored locations. Determine protocol for triage and referral of survivors to these services.
- Lead and facilitate sub-working groups for special GBV-related issues with UN agencies and INGOs as required.
- Document training and supervision using tracking tools designed in collaboration with UNFPA M&E Specialists. Create record of participants’ progress. Report on effectiveness of training materials and process. Take steps to assess and address gaps through iterative improvements to training protocols.
- Supervise and review monitoring tools for MHPSS interventions to support quality programming in compliance with international standards. Conduct monitoring and provide reports on compliance and challenges.
- Conduct review of GBV response and prevention interventions in collaboration with the International GBV Case management Specialist to ensure that all interventions are in line with the Guiding Principles, including the IASC Guidelines for Integrating GBV Interventions in Humanitarian Settings, IASC Guidelines for Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Emergency Settings and other international standards.
- Produce regular progress reports and contribute to SitReps as required.
- Review the training material tailored for the MHPSS intervention within the GBV response and prevention intervention.
- Provide support to IP case manager’s capacity building activities to implementing partners, including Government counterparts and health responders. Support should include the provision of quality psychosocial first aid responses for survivors of GBV or trauma.
- Support monitoring and evaluation of PSS activities.
- Analyze results of monitoring visits and data to identify capacity development needs
- Contribute to the development of appropriate IEC material to support the training and programme implementation for MHPSS interventions and review existing IEC materials to ensure that MHPSS aspects are included in SRH IEC and GBV response and prevention messaging.
Position in Organization:
- International MHPSS Specialist
- Job Identification: 8067
- Locations: Mekele, Ethiopia
- Posting Date: 01/23/2023, 05:34 PM
- Apply Before: 01/29/2023, 03:29 AM
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Vacancy Type: Temporary
- Rotational/Non Rotational: Non-Rotational
- Contract Duration: 364 days
- Education & Work Experience: Master’s Degree – 5 year(s) experience
- Other Criteria: Experience in GBV programming in humanitarian contexts, programme management skills, high resilience and stress management
- Required Languages: English
- Desired Languages: Tigrinya
- Job Category: Humanitarian & Emergency Response
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree with specialization in areas such as social work, mental health/psychology, public health, gender, law/human rights, international relations, and/or other related social science disciplines from recognized universities/colleges.
- At least 5 years of specialized experience in GBV programming, preferably including in a complex, volatile, humanitarian context.
How to Apply UNDP International MHPSS Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 29th Jan 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.