Website JABU Technologies
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Information Technology , Category: Computer & IT ]
Deadline of this Job:
21 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South – Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
JABU Technologies is a B2B marketplace and last-mile distribution partner, offering tech-enabled, route-to-market development and merchandising for FMCG brands in undeveloped areas while helping unbanked businesses grow through efficient delivery, an affordable product basket, inventory management and credit. We are rapidly expanding and are currently looking to fill up key positions below;
The information technology manager is responsible for coordinating, planning, and leading activities across the department. further, he is in charge to answer LV1 requests, operating and managing the technology products within the company.
• Supervise and Manage Networking
• Assists in the planning and implementation of additions, deletions, and major modifications to the supporting infrastructure company-wide.
• Communicate with the network provider companies and build a relationship with them
• Administer network and data security, including directory, group policy, firewalls, virus protection, and email security
• Recognize necessary network improvements and make suggestions
• Install and update network system improvements
• Install and configure wireless networking equipment
• Evaluate connectivity issues, equipment, and software and hardware
• Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
• Suggest network improvement or solutions
• Constructing and implementing plans to ensure the company’s network continues to operate smoothly in the event of a problem
• Telecommunications (Telephony)
• Suggest the necessary equipment to support the CS team
• Communicate with the Tech team in case of any software issue
• Update the CS team on a system upgrade
• Support the system with aweh distribution and suggest any improvements (i.e. build tool for scheduled redistribution of vouchers)
• Asset management
• Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organization
• Monitor performance of equipment to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure
• ensuring that all company equipment is operating properly
• Keep track of the stock and analyze the performance of all devices in use
• Assess vendors and develop test strategies for procurement of new hardware and software
• Audit systems and assess their outcomes
• Support of new software and features
• Keep track of the insurance
• Supervise the maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment
• Lead the purchase and setup of equipment
• Help define IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes
• Running and sharing regular operation system reports with senior staff
• Lead all IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems or tools and services
• Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations, and outages
• Managing and reporting on the allocation of IT budget
• Identifying opportunities for team training and skills advancement
• Plan, organize, control, and evaluate IT and electronic data operations
• Manage IT staff by recruiting, training, and coaching employees, communicating job expectations, and appraising their performance
• Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
• Work closely with other department managers to assess the growth needs
• Develops personal growth opportunities
• Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
• Attend to any additional duty that may arise
• Manage all G-Suite and MM account
• Manage MM issues and develop strategies to use it efficiently and effectively
• Manage the products registrations and any related tasks
• Evaluate the staff training
• Oversee information security
• Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Degree in computer science, IT or similar.
• An associate’s degree may be acceptable.
• Degree or completed courses in business administration would be advantageous.
• Relevant certification may be required.
• Practical experience installing and maintaining systems is recommended.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates that meet the minimum qualifications should send only their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by or before Saturday 21st May 2022 in one file name eg; Marketing_Manager_Full_Name_CVNote