Website International Labour Organization (ILO)
The ILO has published a job vacancy announcement on 19 May 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Knowledge Management and TRANSFORM Technical Officer to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||International Labour Organization (ILO)|
|Position||Knowledge Management and TRANSFORM Technical Officer|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||At least five years|
|Application Deadline||25 May 2022|
ILO Job Vacancy 2022
Job Purpose: The Social Protection component of the ILO-IrishAid programme in Southern Africa covers three countries under the responsibility of ILO-Lusaka, namely Zambia, Malawi, and Mozambique and will be guided by the following objectives: a) the creation of political and public debate on social protection, b) building the capacity of governments to effectively and efficiently deliver social protection transfers, c) supporting the design of national social protection policy and prioritized implementation plans, and d) supporting sustainable and progressively domestically funded social protection financing frameworks. The project supports capacity building and leadership development in the social protection sector in the region, through the development and application of the TRANSFORM curriculum on building and managing social protection floors.
Description of Duties:
- Support peer-to-peer learning, exchange and knowledge development across countries in the region in the areas of focus of the project. Assist in the coordination and development of knowledge products and communications materials on technical subjects in the areas of focus of the project. Coordinate the organization of regional meetings and events for interchange of experiences in the topics of focus of the project.
- Provide overall technical coordination and quality assurance for continuous improvement, development and adaptation of the TRANSFORM package so to respond to needs of capacity building in the region and to maximize impact of learning for different audiences in particular contexts. Support the preparation of additional training and leadership development modules/materials as part of the TRANSFORM curriculum. Coordinate inputs from external consultants and partners involved in the development, revision and enrichment of TRANSFORM modules/materials, and where relevant in the delivery of national applications at country level.
- Provide support to the expansion and adaptation of TRANSFORM to other (sub) regions in close collaboration with key focal points, including the TRANSFORM Arab Region Hub.
- Supervise the TRANSFORM regional support team (TRANSFORM coordination Hub) and the team of junior technical and administrative staff working in support of the initiative in ILO and other UN participating agencies.
- Support the establishment and maintenance of a cohort of regional TRANSFORM trainers of trainers. Coordinate regional training of Trainers processes and accreditation of regional masters’ trainers only. Supports communication and interaction among TRANSFORM Master trainers’ group. Provide support to activities of the regional Trainer of Trainers community
- Provide support to country teams and national trainers for the application of the TRANSFORM curriculum. Engage with country teams in the development of country strategies to embed TRANSFORM in national capacity development processes. Provide technical and logistical backstopping for TRANSFORM country and regional applications. Maintain close liaisons with governments, workers’ and employers’ organizations, UN organizations, research institutions and non-governmental organizations which are involved in TRANSFORM applications at regional and country levels. Facilitates exchange across TRANSFORM country teams and national Trainers groups.
- An Advanced degree in a relevant field (such as economics, social policy, law, international studies and/or other relevant social sciences field), with demonstrated expertise on social protection issues.
- At least five years of relevant professional experience with emphasis on social protection including at least two years at the international level
- Proven experience in the field of knowledge management, institutional strengthening and/or capacity building
- Experience with social protection systems and the TRANSFORM initiative is an advantage.
- Knowledge of the ILO normative frameworks on social protection is an advantage
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply ILO Knowledge Management and TRANSFORM Technical Officer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 25 May 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.