Website Aga Khan Foundation
Work Location: Lindi Region
- Review project M&E system and tools for routine monitoring of project activities (process), outputs and outcomes based on agreed indicators, ensuring that AKFEA MERL Minimum Standards are always maintained.
- Develop M&E work plans and data collection tools in coordination with project manager.
- Regularly collect, compile and analyze project data to inform progress on targets.
- Compile and maintain project databases to inform progress toward outcomes for AKF internal use and donor reports.
- Maintain regular data backups, security and confidentiality at all times in accordance to AKF and Donor requirements.
- Support external consultants in coordinating fieldwork activities during baseline and end line surveys, midterm reviews, evaluation and action research.
- Build capacity of the project team on M&E-related issues and provide guidance and technical support in all matters pertaining to data collection, quality assurance, analysis and presentation.
- Upload data into AKF Global Reach System (GRS) and other online data management systems on regular basis and as may be directed from time to time by the management.
- Review all project reports to ensure that information on indicators is accurate, relevant and well presented.
- Facilitate regular reviews, reflections and feedback sharing with project teams and management to ensure continuous learning and maximum utilization of M&E data for decision-making.
- Document, synthesize and share lessons learnt and best practices through case stories and learning pieces in light of progress made in addressing persistent challenges to enhance learning and replication.
- Commit to improving expertise knowledge and skills in his area of specialization and be willing to offer technical support in building the capacity of other M&E staff.
- Actively participate in a broad range of M&E functions as part of the AKFT MERL team and as may be directed from time to time by the Project Manager and or Country MERL and Education Manager.
Qualifications & Experience:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Education, or any other relevant discipline from a reputable institution of higher learning.
- A minimum of five years hands on experience in M&E for International Development projects, particularly in education related programmes with a strong gender equality component.
- Expert knowledge on Result Measurement Frameworks, able to design high quality M&E Plans, Data Collection Tools, Sampling Methods and Quantitative/Qualitative Data Analysis is required.
- Excellent computer skills, including professional working experience with Data analysis and Visualization packages such as Excel, SPSS, Stata, Power-BI, Tableau, NVivo, etc.
- Experience in managing databases and online/digital data collection systems such as ODK and Kobo Collect will be an added advantage.
- Exceptional communication skills in written and oral English and Swahili languages including excellent presentations skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines under minimal supervision.
- Able to learn from and adapt to complex situations, with a problem-solving and open-minded attitude.
- Able to work independently, remotely, and within a diverse multicultural team.
- Familiarity with donors’ requirements for Global Affairs Canada (GAC) is an advantage
- Understanding of Human Centred Design, Project Cycle Management, M&E and Education Policy in Tanzania strongly preferred High emotional and social quotient, exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- An excellent team player, able to think and adapt proactively to changing situations.
- An unwavering commitment to the protection and safeguarding of others, particularly those in vulnerable situation.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV including contacts of three references. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AKF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is Committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Vulnerable Adults and Expects all Staff and Partners to Share this Commitment”.
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
The Aga Khan Foundation is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org).
About the Agency
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), alongside its sister AKDN agencies, has implemented innovative, community-driven solutions to development challenges for over 50 years. It brings together human, financial and technical resources to address some of the challenges faced by the poorest and most marginalised communities in the world. Special emphasis is placed on investing in human potential, expanding opportunity and improving the overall quality of life, especially for women and girls. It works primarily in six areas: Agriculture and Food Security; Economic Inclusion; Education; Early Childhood Development; Health and Nutrition; and Civil Society.
The deadline for submitting the application is 31 May 2022.