Website United Nations Support Office in Somalia (UNSOS)
The UNSOS has published a job vacancy announcement on 23rd May 2022 for qualified Kenyans to fill in the vacant post of Movement Control Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Support Office in Somalia (UNSOS)|
|Position||Movement Control Officer|
|Total Vacant Post||22|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||29th May 2022|
UNSOS Job Vacancy 2022
Job Responsibilities: Within delegated authority, the Acquisition Planning Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Prior to the budget formulation, liaises with technical units to prepare their projected demand in order to establish the mission’s annual demand plan (i.e. draft acquisition plan) based on mission priorities;
- Consolidates budget projections and demand plans from technical units through review of stock holdings, consumption; patterns, procurement cycle times, requirements and forecasts of internal and external customers;
- Liaises with UN Global Service Centre (UNGSC) and/or UNHQ regarding the submission of the mission’s demand plan as input for the consolidated global acquisition plan;
- Monitors mission requisitions of the assigned categories to ensure purchase requests are based on forecasted plan; Liaises with UNGSC and/or counterparts in other Missions on items availability prior to making decision to acquire new items either for replacement or additional requirement;
- Initiates actions leading to the implementation of the Mission Acquisition Plan, taking into account different sourcing options, including global and regional systems contracts, local market and other conditions, logistics forecasting, inventory holdings, consumption patterns, supply schedules, and ongoing assessment and prioritization of operational supply chain requirements;
- Contributes to plan, develop and manage the acquisition process of various services and commodities (e.g. information technology and communication equipment, vehicles, medical equipment and supplies, food rations, fuel, construction and building maintenance materials, stationery and office supplies, furniture and fixtures, accommodation and office equipment etc.), including planning and coordination of transportation requirements and consolidation of inbound deliveries, service contracts requirements and maintenance plans of assigned services, taking into account the different procurement methods, lead times and sourcing options available to the Mission;
- Contributes to the execution of internal controls over acquisition activities and support functions;
- Advises recipient entities and technical units periodically on the progress of acquisition activities and detailed status of implementation of the acquisition plan, including a full range of procurement and other supply chain issues encountered, providing them with support and guidance at all stages of the procurement cycle, and prepares the quarterly review for submission to UNGSC and UN headquarters;
- Meets regularly with internal stakeholders to review the Mission Acquisition Plan based on changing priorities and emergencies as related to the assigned materials/services groups to ensure an efficient and cohesive approach to managing areas of mutual interest;
- Prepare recommendations to the Chief of Section and other stakeholders based on data analysis and independent root cause analysis conducted with key stakeholders/business process owners. Produce timely and actionable information which help drive business results and guide decision making process. Advise and contribute to promote effective analytic models and creative data visualization to derive actionable intelligence and enable management decisions;
- Actively collaborates with the Mission Business Intelligence Unit for the development of additional BI reports for the Section and commodity managers involved in the acquisition planning process;
- Provide technical expertise and leadership support to implement the Section BI strategy and roadmap for implementing and reviewing UNSOS analytics and business intelligence reports and dashboards;
- Oversees and ensures compliance & quality assurance with focus on data integrity while generating periodic reports and effective monitoring of Supply chain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs);
- May provide guidance to and supervise new/junior staff;
- Performs other related duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: LOG P3 MOVEMENT CONTROL OFFICER, P3 (Temporary Job Opening)
- Job Code Title: MOVEMENT CONTROL OFFICER
- Department/Office: United Nations Support Office in Somalia
- Duty Station: NAIROBI
- Posting Period: 23 May 2022 – 29 May 2022
- Job Opening Number: 22-Transportation-UNSOS-181547-J-Nairobi (M)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in supply chain management, business administration, public administration, logistics, procurement or a related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in supply chain management, logistics, acquisition planning, procurement, or related area is required.
- Experience working with Excel and Data Base Management (Access) is desirable.
- Experience in Data Integration, Business process analysis, Power BI and use of Business Intelligence is desirable.
- Experience with MRP (Material Requirements Planning), ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning), or SRM (Supplier Relationship Management) in the areas of production planning, scheduling, inventory control, procurement and logistics process is desirable.
How to Apply UNSOS Movement Control Officer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=181547
The Closing Date: 29th May 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.