Website International Labour Organization
The ILO has published a job vacancy announcement on August 30, 2022 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of National Communication Officer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||International Labour Organization|
|Position||National Communication Officer|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||First level University Degree|
|Experience Required||Minimum Three years|
|Application Deadline||Sep. 12, 2022|
ILO Job Vacancy 2022
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a project communication strategy and a social media strategy, including development of content (in English and other national languages as applicable); curating of related content;
- Develop annual and quarterly progress reports, regular project updates, case studies, documentation of lessons learnt and good practices to be shared with donors and ILO constituents on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinate and ensure consistent media messaging and uploading of content across various channels of public communication including social networks and BRMM, PIDD and CO–Addis Ababa web portal and actively expand the network of followers;
- Take a lead on media engagement in the different countries covered by the project, including organization of press conferences, and preparation of press kits and talking points. Liaise with media, handle interview requests and draft press releases and statements.
- Develop creative communication, visibility and awareness raising materials to showcase project achievements and document lessons learnt, including compilation of a photo library, audio-visual content, drafting information materials such as human stories, fact sheets, presentations, project flyers, brochures, feature articles, and other relevant material and ensure the dissemination of material using relevant media platforms.
Position in Organization:
- Grade: NOB
- Vacancy no.: DC/ADDIS ABABA/NOB/2022/11
- Publication date: 30 August 2022
- Application deadline (midnight local time): 12 September 2022
- Job ID: 9305
- Department: RO-Africa
- Organization Unit: CO-Addis Ababa
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Contract type: Fixed Term
- Contract duration: One Year with possible extension
- First level University Degree in Communications, Journalism or Public Relations.
- At least three years of professional experience in Communications and information management
- Must be proficient in using new technologies for visual content, web-based platforms and social media networks and advertising;
- Experience and knowledge of multimedia to develop a range of communication and information products
- Experience in planning and implementing digital media and branding strategies
- Experience in website content creation, structuring and management
- Experience in broadcast and social media content to improve branding
- Experience and skills in design, layout, formatting and editing documents.
- Being familiar with ILO’s core issues and/or regional/international development/relations would be an advantage
- Experience within the UN system or an international organization would be an advantage.
- Excellent command of English language with demonstrable writing skills is mandatory. Working knowledge of French and Amharic would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of communication and/or information management principles and concepts.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to distil complex topics into simple and compelling formats
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as a member of a team. Demonstrate collaborative and teamwork experience
- Ability to work independently, quickly, precisely, and take initiative and responsibility
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office applications (including word processor, Publisher, spreadsheet, presentation software and Microsoft Adobe) such as Microsoft Office
- in-depth awareness and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
- Ability to communicate sensitively, effectively and creatively across different constituencies
- Excellent communications skills, including skills in researching and selection of information, and writing and editing skills
- Excellent knowledge of print, audio-visual and online processes
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and drafting and editing skills in English
- Good understanding of the working practices of national and international media
- Knowledge of modern communication principles, techniques and systems
- Ability to foster effective two-way communication and understanding and to manage and impart information to a varied audience.
How to Apply ILO National Communication Officer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.ilo.org/job/Addis-Ababa-National-Communication-Officer/844765001/
The Closing Date: Sep. 12, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.