Website United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 3rd May 2022 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of National Consultant-Review of National and International Normative Frameworks Related to the Women, Peace and Security Agenda to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Development Programme|
|Position||National Consultant-Review of National and International Normative Frameworks Related to the Women, Peace and Security Agenda|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Seven years|
|Application Deadline||10th May 2022|
UNDP Job Vacancy 2022
Main Tasks and Scope Of Work: The main tasks of the consultancy are the following:
- The inception report should detail the consultant’s understanding of what the consultancy work is aiming to achieve and why; core tasks and proposed methods to carry out the tasks; proposed sources of data and data collection procedures together with data analysis techniques, proposed schedule of tasks, activities and deliverables. The inception report should indicate whether additional support is required to ensure a comprehensive review. The consultant should present the inception report to UN Women and its partners for feedback.
- Related to the Women, Peace and Security agenda in Ethiopia. The review must cover legislation and frameworks that are specifically related to women and girls, gender-based violence, peacebuilding, national security, conflict prevention and resolution, as well as other relevant sectors
- Related to the Women, Peace and Security agenda have been adopted in Ethiopia. The review must cover all existing WPS agenda and other Security Council resolutions, treaties and agreements specifically related to women and girls, gender equality and the empowerment of women, gender-based violence, peacebuilding, conflict prevention and resolution, as well as other relevant sectors.
- Include the experience of other countries on what type of laws and policies other countries adopt to meet their international commitments to WPS.
- Submit a draft review report to UN Women and relevant stakeholders for input and incorporate those in the document.
- Present the report during a validation workshop organized to solicit relevant stakeholders’ input and feedback. The consultant will chair the workshop, and UN Women will support the technical organisations.
- Incorporate stakeholder’s feedback and submit the final report to UN Women.
- Prepare a policy paper/brief based on the study review.
Position in Organization:
- National Consultant-Review of National and International Normative Frameworks Related to the Women, Peace and Security Agenda
- Location :Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (home-based), ETHIOPIA
- Application Deadline : 10-May-22 (Midnight New York, USA)
- Time left : 7d 21h 45m
- Additional Category : Gender Equality
- Type of Contract : Individual Contract
- Post Level : National Consultant
- Languages Required : English
- Starting Date :16-May-2022
- (date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
- Duration of Initial Contract : 20 working days from May 2022 to June 2022
- Expected Duration of Assignment : 20 working days from May 2022 to June 2022
- Master’s degree in peace and security studies, gender studies, human rights, law, sociology, political science or a related field. A PhD will be an added value.
- At least 7 years’ experience working on gender, violence against women, peacebuilding, peace and security, conflict resolution and/or other relevant fields.
- Proven experience normative and policy framework review and analysis.
- Proven knowledge of international and national frameworks and policies related to the WPS agenda.
- Experience in managing and facilitating round table discussions and consultations with stakeholders at both grassroots and national levels.
- Experience in working with civil society organizations and government stakeholders.
- Proven experience in collecting, analyzing and interpreting complex qualitative and quantitative data and computer skills including excel, SPSS, STATA14, EVIE.
How to Apply UNDP National Consultant-Review of National and International Normative Frameworks Related to the Women, Peace and Security Agenda Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=106381
The Closing Date: 10th May 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.