Website Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
The FAO has published a job vacancy announcement on 24th Jan 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of National Irrigation Specialist to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)|
|Position||National Irrigation Specialist|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Advanced University Degree|
|Experience Required||Minimum Eight years|
|Application Deadline||7th Feb 2023|
FAO Job Vacancy 2023
Tasks and Responsibilities: The incumbent will perform the following key responsibilities:
- Contribute to drafting policy and strategy documents relating to agricultural water management in the country;
- Assess the present production systems in the country with particular attention to the water use per unit of product, irrigation systems applied, overall water use efficiency;
- Assess the availability of material and/or equipment in the country which is needed to reduce water use and/or to increase water use efficiency and the preparedness of farmers to adopt improved technologies to increase water use efficiency;
- Coordinate and manage implementation of TCP/ETH/3901 project on developing irrigation standards and regulations for Ethiopia;
- Advise and assist FAO to develop guidelines, manuals and policy advices on the irrigation infrastructure development that ensures sustainable and climate change resilient water resources management, introduction and promotion of new technologies on water harvesting and groundwater recharge;
- Identify good practices and the latest development of crop production systems using minimal quantities of water and assist Governmental Organizations (GOs), Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and other partners in setting up demonstration pilots to introduce and promote these minimal water using production systems;
- Coordinate inputs and take the lead for the drafting and updating of all major reports and any other country/synthesis documentation prepared for specific donors, related to agricultural water management;
- Participate in the preparation and review of FAO Ethiopia field programme/project and thematic work plans to ensure technical consistency;
- Assist in formulating and drafting agricultural water management project documents and concept notes initiated at FAO Ethiopia;
- Contribute to the collection and regular updating of key information and data on water use and irrigation in agriculture and technically support the federal and regional governments especially in the fields of policy, applied research, technical seminars and training and promotion of integrated land and water development programmes;
- Support the implementation of the work programme under RI2/SO2, providing technical support to the federal and regional governments that will assist their capacity for development, management and conservation of water resources; water/irrigation development, irrigation technologies and on-farm water management systems;
- Liaise with other UN and Development Partners in Ethiopia to ensure timely and relevant participation of FAO Ethiopia in the UN and other coordination processes and mechanisms put in place to address water resources development, management, irrigation, drainage and related subject matters;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- National Irrigation Specialist
- Job Posting: 23/Jan/2023
- Closure Date: 07/Feb/2023, 4:29:00 AM
- Organizational Unit: FRETH
- Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
- Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
- Grade Level: N/A
- Primary Location: Ethiopia-Addis Ababa
- Duration: 11 Months with possibility of extension based on the performance and availability of funds
- Post Number: N/A
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced university degree in irrigation engineering or a related field.
- At least 8 years of experience in irrigation and water management of which at least 3 years’ experience as a senior expert or water resources management level;
How to Apply FAO National Irrigation Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=2300181
The Closing Date: 7th Feb 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.fao.org.