Website United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 20 May 2022 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Outreach and Partnerships Lead to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
|Recruiter||United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)|
|Position||Outreach and Partnerships Lead|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum of 5 years|
|Application Deadline||27 May 2022|
UNDP Job Vacancy 2022
Job Purpose: To support its work in this area, the UNDP Nigeria country office intends to engage a professional expert to support the reimagination of its outreach, partnerships and public engagement initiatives and function. Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Resident Representative, the Public engagement, Outreach, and Partnerships Lead is expected to provide creative, innovative, visionary and strategic leadership to the country office, through distinct approaches and tangible actions that helps to position UNDP Nigeria in key development areas as a thought leader in ways that boost demand for various service lines and increase overall business opportunities. The incumbent will invest time and experience in proactive public engagement and management for the benefit of the country office and its partners, with the aim of enhancing UNDP’s programmatic profile and promote accountability and, public engagement. With the leadership of the Resident Representative and in consultation with the Deputy Resident Representatives (Programmes and Operations) the incumbent will ensure support for inter-agency/multi-sector partnerships and collaboration through critical actions geared towards the strategic positioning, partnership building and business development with a view to influence the development agenda and, mobilize political and financial support for UNDP.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Curates and oversees implementation of the country office public engagement and outreach strategies based on goals and priorities
- Assesses the impact of the country office public engagement and outreach implementation and makes adjustments accordingly as informed by trends, media and audience analysis
- Integrates issue-based and people-centered advocacy around key priority areas relevant to UNDP’s work in Nigeria in support of accountability and transparency
- Ensures communication on and around UNDP contribution and that of its partners to Nigeria’s development agenda is relatable, contextualised, locally understood and visible through evidence-based stories of impact and documentation of lessons learned
- Fosters outreach partnerships with communication innovators, creatives and social influencers to achieve programmatic visibility and engagement
- In collaboration with team leaders, and based on their insight, guides the production of results-based communications assets that enhance understanding of UNDP work, programmatic accountability and public appreciation of the UNDP offer
- Leverages innovative communication approaches, tools and outlets including digital and social media campaigns to enhance understanding of UNDP work in Nigeria
- Provides technical and oversight support to the packaging and promotion of work carried out under Regional Stabilization Programme, the Accelerator Lab and ECOWAS/EU Small Arms and Light Weapons Programme.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s Degree) or equivalent in mass media, public relations, journalism, international relations, or in a related field;
- A first-level university degree in combination with two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum of 5 years progressively responsible for teams with Master’s degree and relevant professional work experience in communication, print, broadcast, and/or new media and or fundraising/corporate communication, advocacy, Public Relations, project management, brand management. Bachelor’s degree with additional 2 years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
- Work experience in conflict related contexts, ideally at national or regional level is an asset
- Demonstrated experience in partnership development, collaboration and management is required
- Demonstrated skills and experience in media and public engagement through dynamic platforms is required.
- Experience in communications for development is not mandatory but an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is required.
- Experience in leading teams to create highly effective content targeting various audiences for use on digital platforms and mainstream media using innovative approaches and tools is required
- Experience in the United Nations, a governmental, other multilateral or civil society organization is an asset.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNDP Outreach and Partnerships Lead Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 27 May 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.