Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Vacancy title: Product Support supervisor
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Mining , Category: Management ]
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Deadline of this Job:
13 September 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South – Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a global leading supplier in equipment and tools, parts, service, automation, digital and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries Applications include rock drilling, rock cutting, loading, and hauling, tunnelling and quarrying
The focus lies on bringing value to customers through high-performing products that increase productivity and safety as well as to provide services and flexible maintenance programs that extend uptime and cut costs
At Sandvik, we believe that cognitive diversity of educational background, experiences, interests, views etc. will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and thereby our customers. We offer a diverse range of opportunities through our businesses and cross-border networks, enabling you to explore your potential and thrive.
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions Central Africa is currently seeking a Product Support Supervisor for NFCA reporting to the Site Manager NFCA
The role of the Product Support Supervisor is to manage fleet maintenance and assist the Site Manager in driving cost efficiencies and capital profit through good leadership, strong customer relations and best practice of safety, health and environmental effectiveness.
• Provide product support to customers in geographic area, during both in service use of themachine and during rebuilds.
• Provide technical support in machine installation, commissioning, financial job management, maintenance planning, recommend stock holding levels, repairs, testing and overinspections on repair work carried out.
• Coordinate product issue resolution to provide a more reliable product
• Provide technical support to the rebuild process of machines that are geographically located in area of responsibility
• Assist in the plan to secure resource availability for the Contract – technical, administrative,finance, logistics, equipment, parts, and tools
• Offer product updates and improvements to customer and Sandvik for new and existing equipment
• Perform fault diagnosis and troubleshooting on equipment
• Provide in-house technical training,
• Coordinate routine customer liaison seeking feedback and performance monitoring of the Sandvik product
• Improve maintenance efficiencies by identifying process bottlenecks & achieve a planned to unplanned ratio of 70/30.
• Assist to complete warranty claims and actions per Sandvik way of working
• Comply with statutory, customer and Sandvik HSE standards.
• Degree/Diploma in Engineering with five years’ relevant experience in underground mining or a Technicians Trade Certificate with 7 years’ experience in underground mining, including supervisory experience
• Experience in maintaining Sandvik equipment
• Possession of valid Zambian Driver’s License Silicosis Certificate
• EIZ Membership . Able to build market relationships through interaction with client(s). • Proven communication and computer skills
Profile. In addition to the Essential Prerequisites listed above, the following are advantages:
• Technical experience
• Hydraulic and Electrical knowledge including a high level of hydraulic and electrical systems and fault diagnostics capability
• Previous training experience in the maintenance of Sandvik equipment • Exposure to training and facilitation
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified candidate may send applications to:
The Manager – Human Resources,
Sandvik Mining and Construction Zambia
PO Box 20314,
Closing date: 13/09/2022