Website United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
The UNEP has published a job vacancy announcement on 29th April 2022 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Management Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)|
|Position||Programme Management Officer|
|Total Vacant Post||22|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five Years|
|Application Deadline||11th June 2022|
UNEP Job Vacancy 2022
- Participate in the formulation, organization and management of mandated aspects of ocean governance; development management and in the formulation of possible ocean governance, and development management strategies, policies and actions for adoption by individual countries and/or the international community under the WIOSAP and SAPPHIRE Projects.
- Participate in the identification of new or emerging ocean governance, administration and development management issues within the Western Indian Ocean from Land based sources and activities (WIOSAP) and Strategic Action Programme Policy Harmonization and Institutional Reforms (SAPPHIRE) projects.
- Propose, design and supervise substantive research, studies, and prepare and review reports, and publications relating to ocean governance issues in the WIOSAP and SAPPHIRE Projects.
- Prepare briefing notes and speeches for senior staff and make presentations on ocean governance, and development management related issues for specialist or non-specialist audiences.
- Propose, design and analyze key trends to continuously enrich the substantive work of the WIOSAP and SAPPHIRE Projects.
- Prepare materials for detailed annual work plans for policy and ocean governance related activities.
- Assist in drafting work plans for implementation of the policy and ocean governance related activities in the selected countries.
- Draft Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) on policy and ocean governance activities with collaborating agencies.
- Review all policy and ocean governance related reports prepared and submitted to the Project Management Unit by consultants, national and regional institutions and provide feedback.
- Review all policy and ocean governance related reports prepared and submitted to the Project Management Unit by national and regional institutions, Non-governmental organizations (NGOs), Community based organizations (CBOs) and provide feedback. Intergovernmental support.
- Provides substantive support on ocean governance and development management to intergovernmental bodies partnering with the Nairobi Convention Secretariat in implementation of the WIOSAP and SAPPHIRE Projects.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT OFFICER, P3
- Job Code Title: PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT OFFICER
- Department/Office: United Nations Environment Programme
- Duty Station: NAIROBI
- Posting Period: 28 April 2022 – 11 June 2022
- Job Opening Number: 22-Programme Management-UNEP-179312-R-Nairobi (X)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- An advanced University degree (Masters or Equivalent) in the field of tropical ocean governance or Marine or Marine sciences/ Environmental Sciences, with demonstrated experience in Ocean governance or related area is required. A first-level University degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in project or programme management, administration or related area is required.
- Experience in international and multilateral relations is required.
- Experience in environment and/or sustainable development is desirable.
- Experience within the United Nations common system or an International organization is desirable.
How to Apply UNEP Programme Management Officer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=179312
The Closing Date: 11th June 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.