Website United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
The UNEP has published a job vacancy announcement on 24 January 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Management Officer P3 to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)|
|Position||Programme Management Officer P3|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||A minimum of five (5) years|
|Application Deadline||05 March 2023|
UNEP Job Vacancy 2023
- Provide support to the development of project activities under the UNEP Programme of Work;
- Draft responses to requests and inquiries from other organizations and the general public;
- Research and analyze the inter-linkages, overlaps between and among marine ecosystems, small islands and climate change programmes activities;
- Develop and implement projects on change adaptation and mitigation, blue economy, climate finance, sustainable management of marine and coastal ecosystem, under the programme of work;
- Draft UNEP legal instruments for implementation with partners, and manage reporting to donors;
- Participate in the Division/Unit meetings on the programme of work formulation and drafting of documents.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in environmental economics, environment management, environment finance, environmental sciences, marine science, geography, climate finance or related fields is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant working experience in project or programme management in the context of Environmental economics, environmental management, climate finance, green and blue economy, marine, oceans or related fields at national, regional or international levels is required.
- At least three (3) years of experience in the field at international level is required.
- Experience in large-scale project design, management, supervision, monitoring, and evaluation in the fields of climate finance, blue and/or green economy, carbon finance in developing countries context is required.
- Experience of working with different climate and environment funds such as GEF, GCF, GFCR, and other climate trust funds in a multicounty context is desirable.
- Work experience within UN or other international Organisations is desirable.
- Two (2) years or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Languages: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNEP Programme Management Officer P3 Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 05 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
To apply for this job please visit careers.un.org.