Website International Organization for Migration (IOM)
The IOM has published a job vacancy announcement on 13 May 2022 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Manager to be based in Maiduguri, Nigeria.
|Recruiter||International Organization for Migration (IOM)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||2 years|
|Application Deadline||26 May 2022|
IOM Job Vacancy 2022
Job Purpose: Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Head of Sub-Office/Emergency Coordinator, the Programme Manager (WASH) will perform the following duties:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Design and ensure the execution of the overall WASH strategy for IOM in the country in close coordination with the WASH Sector working group, relevant Government counterparts, affected communities and other relevant humanitarian stakeholders.
- Manage the overall implementation of the WASH program activities in north-eastern Nigeria to guarantee that the scope, budget, time and quality are in accordance with the different projects specifications, donor requirements and IOM rules and regulations.
- In coordination with the Chief of Mission, Head of Sub-Office/Emergency Coordinator and other relevant units in the CO, develop a resource mobilization strategy for the WASH program. Proactively identify program development opportunities, new funding sources, new thematic areas of technical intervention and strategic partnerships that would promote the expansion of the IOM’s WASH portfolio. Liaise effectively with donors and private sector at local and regional level to advocate for adequate funding to sustain the WASH program and prepare proposals for funding.
- Lead the design process and oversee compliance of technical specifications for the implementation of the required WASH infrastructure and services to guarantee quality of the output and alignment to international and national standards and donor requirements.
- Ensure a sound financial management of projects to guarantee alignment with internal and donor requirements. Ensure that all budget lines of program are respected and monitor burn rates for the effective use of the funds.
- Supervise, manage and monitor technically and administratively the whole of the WASH program team. Ensure that adequate and relevant capacity building is provided to the members of the team. Mentor, coach and manage the staff under supervision; support the performance evaluations and oversee and help to resolve team conflicts.
- In coordination with the Resource Management Unit and Procurement and Logistics Unit, oversee all WASH program related procurement efforts for supplies and services, ensuring that the processes are transparent and in line with IOM and donor’s regulations. Provide the necessary resources to effectively monitor all contractual agreements with service providers and / or implementing parties
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Public Health, Project Management, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- Master’s degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in environmental (WASH, Water Sanitation (WATSAN));
- Experience with UN, an international organization or NGO;
- Field experience in a complex humanitarian emergency or post-conflict environment;
- Experience in environmental project implementation, including engineering and M&E activities in the region;
- Experience in partnership engagement and management
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IOM Programme Manager Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 26 May 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.