Website World Food Programme (WFP)
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 09th January 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Policy Officer to be based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
|Recruiter||World Food Programme (WFP)|
|Position||Programme Policy Officer (R4 and Climate Risk Management) CST|
|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum 06 years|
|Application Deadline||16th January 2023|
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
Job Purpose: WFP approaches the challenge of climate change from the point of view of its impact on food security, hunger and under nutrition. About 40 percent of WFP’s operations already include activities to reduce disaster risk, build resilience and help people adapt to climate change. WFP developed various tools and approaches to support countries and communities to manage climate related risks and shocks and build resilience. The Regional Bureau of Johannesburg is the first line of support and guidance to county offices in the region on a range of activities. This includes oversight of 5 climate finance projects worth USD 50 million in total, a grant from the Swiss Development Cooperation Agency worth USD 8 million, and a NORAD grant to support Forecast-based Financing projects. The temporary deployment is also requested to support the immediate activities and obligations of the Climate Resilience team in the RBJ Programme Unit.
- Master’s degree in one or more of the following disciplines: Economics, environmental studies, agriculture and food security, development studies or related area with special focus on climate change.
- Minimum of 6 years post graduate, progressively responsible, job related experience in climate risk management, trust fund management or related area.
- Experience in project management as well as writing project documents, country reports and publications.
- An understanding of climate and disaster risk financing with experience managing R4 or ARC Replica programmes.
- At least 2-3 years of demonstrated experience managing projects and teams in a WFP country office (preferably in the African continent) on climate and resilience building programmes.
- Proven experience building partnerships with international organizations, governments, and the private sector in developing countries for incubation of new projects and programs.
- Working knowledge of English (proficiency/level C) and intermediate knowledge (intermediate/level B) of French or Portuguese.
- Requisition ID: 261994
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WFP Programme Policy Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://career5.successfactors.eu//career?career………
The Closing Date: 16th January 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.