Website World Food Programme (WFP)
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 18th Jan 2023 for qualified South Africans to fill in the vacant post of Programme Policy Officer P3 to be based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
|Recruiter||World Food Programme (WFP)|
|Position||Programme Policy Officer P3|
|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Advanced University Degree|
|Experience Required||Minimum Two years|
|Application Deadline||5th Feb 2023|
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
Accountabilities: The Programme Policy Officer will play a key role in supporting country offices in the region on climate resilience for food and nutrition security. S/he will provide strategic, design and implementation support for WFP’s food security-related climate change and climate risk management project portfolios. You will work in close coordination within the Regional Bureau and Country Office relevant teams, the PRO-C team and other HQ teams as well as external partners working on climate change and relevant resilience programming in the region. Specific tasks will include:
- Manage the overall conduct of the climate change and resilience projects in RBJ, including implementing planned activities, monitoring implementation progress, managing the project risks, and capturing lessons learned
- Develop the annual work plan in coordination with the relevant colleagues in line with programme key prioritises
- Supervise, guide, and coordinate the work of all project staff, consultants, and project cooperating partners to ensure that all stakeholders are delivering expected outputs in accordance with the project’s logical framework
- Engage and maintain a direct dialogue with internal and external stakeholders including partners and technical institutions supporting the implementation of various projects covered by RBJ
- Organize workshops and consultation meetings with key stakeholders (country offices, donors, partners etc) and prepare concept notes, agendas, and reports
- Review project proposals received and provide technical and feasibility inputs
- Draft concept notes and project documents for Programmes/Projects and liaise with donors to mobilize project resources with the support of the Country Office
- Engage with COs in pursuing climate financing in the region (bilateral or multilateral donors)
- Oversee the portfolio progress and expansion under the climate risk insurance and anticipatory action in the region and support the two technical focal points in the team as needed in liaison with HQ
- Manage day to day work as climate advisor in the region in line with the team’s APP
- Provide liaison with WFP PRO-C team in HQ on a regular basis.
Position in Organization:
- Programme Policy Officer P3
- Requisition ID: 319989
- Posted: 17/01/2023
- Fixed Term: Africa, Southern, South Africa,
- The Rep. Of: Johannesburg
- Deadline: 5th Feb 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- Advance University degree in one or more of the following disciplines: Economics, environmental studies, Agriculture and Food Security, Development Studies or related area with special focus on climate change, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- Minimum of 5 years post graduate, progressively responsible experience in climate risk management, trust fund management or related area
- At least 2-3 years of demonstrated experience managing projects and teams (preferably in the African continent) on climate and resilience building programmes.
- Experience in project management as well as writing project documents, country reports and publications
- Experience building partnerships with international organizations, governments, and the private sector in developing countries for incubation of new projects and programs.
How to Apply WFP Programme Policy Officer P3 Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 5th Feb 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.