Website United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 17th May 2022 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Programme Support Expert to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Economic Commission for Africa|
|Position||Programme Support Expert|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||22|
|Qualification||Advanced University Degree|
|Experience Required||Minimum Three years|
|Application Deadline||22nd May 2022|
UNECA Job Vacancy 2022
Duties and Responsibilities: Under the direct supervisor of Director for Sustainable Environment and Blue Economy or his delegated authority the consultant will assume the following duties and responsibilities
- Support the overall functions of the Commission in coordination, advocacy and partnership building for biodiversity, forestry and wildlife management;
- Support the Commission in strengthening AU Member States capacity to implement their national obligations under the CBD Convention;
- Provide technical support in the implementation of Pillar 3 of the AU Green Recovery Action Plan (AU-GRAP)
- Provide technical input into the work of the Commission to support the African Group of Negotiators on the Biological Diversity Convention;
- Support the development of a Natural Capital Accounting Framework for adoption and implementation by member States to enhance biodiversity conservation;
- Promote sustainable land management and land restoration programmes and activities;
- Provide technical input in the development of work programmes, budgets and reports;
- Provide technical in the development of a Monitoring Evaluation and Reporting framework for the Biodiversity Programme Implementation;
- Contribute to Resource mobilization activities for the Programme;
- Facilitate the organization of meetings, workshops, seminars and conferences;
- To liaise with relevant sectors, units and programmes of the AU Department Agriculture, Rural Development, Blue Economy and Sustainable Environment and the UNECA Division.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Programme Support Expert – Biodiversity Project
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 16 May 2022 – 22 May 2022
- Job Opening Number: 22-Economic Commission for Africa-181194-Consultant
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Advanced university (Master’s degree) in -Biodiversity, Environmental Studies, Natural Resources Management, or a closely related fields is required. A first level university degree in a combination of additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the master’s degree.
- A minimum of three years of experience in the field of environmental studies involving policy analysis, research is required. Experience in programme/project management are desirable.
How to Apply UNECA Programme Support Expert Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=181194
The Closing Date: 22nd May 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.