Website United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
The UNEP has published a job vacancy announcement on 24 January 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Project Assistant Eco Based Systems Adaptation to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)|
|Position||Project Assistant Eco Based Systems Adaptation|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||A minimum of seven years|
|Application Deadline||01 February 2023|
UNEP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Head, UNEP sub Regional Office for Southern Africa (SADC), the Individual Contractor will undertake the following tasks:
- Working with UNCTs in the sub-Region (i.e. operationalization of UNSDCFs, revision/updating of CCAs, revision/updating of JWPs, etc.)
- Support the Head of Office in her engagement with Member States and various other Stakeholders responsible for environment-related issues, including establishing strategic partnerships
- Support UNEP Divisions in providing information that can help in (i) Identification of Country priorities to inform programming; (ii) Development and Implementation of various Programmes/Projects/Activities at country and sub-Regional levels (including replication of best-practices and experiences)
- Support the Head of Office in strengthening the South-South and North-South Cooperation in terms of: (i) sharing best-practices and knowledge related to resolving the Triple Planetary Crisis; and (ii) implementation of various global and regional Multilateral Environmental Agreements (MEAs) and Conventions
- Support the Head of Office in convening country/sub Regional platforms (High Level Forums; Workshops, Webinars, Retreats, etc.) and World Environment Day (WED) commemorations, for Environmental Sustainability
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field such as Natural Sciences, Environmental Management/Studies, Environmental Science/Sustainability, Sustainable Agriculture, Circular Economy, Biodiversity and Land use Management is required.
- A minimum of seven years of experience in programme or project administration, Environment Management, technical cooperation or related area is required.
- Experience coordinating and analyzing programmes and services and in-depth knowledge of Environment Management in Southern African countries is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is a desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNEP Project Assistant Eco Based Systems Adaptation Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 01 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.