Website Danish Refugee Council
The DRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 29th Aug 2022 for qualified Kenyans to fill in the vacant post of Protection Officer – GBV Prevention to be based in Dadaab, Garissa, Kenya.
|Recruiter||Danish Refugee Council|
|Position||Protection Officer – GBV Prevention|
|Location||Dadaab, Garissa, Kenya|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Four years|
|Application Deadline||1st Sept 2022|
DRC Job Vacancy 2022
Overall purpose of the role: The purpose of this post is to provide day to day coordination of prevention activities and other related activities in Ifo, Hagadera & Dagahaley Camps in Dadaab. In collaboration with the Team Leader- Protection, the Protection – GBV Officer will be responsible for supervising effective protection services, including needs assessments, protection monitoring and gender-based violence prevention activities (EMAP, SASA! Community participation, Awareness Outreaches, Mentorship, capacity building activities) in line with the project. S/he will work and liaise closely with the GBVIMS Data Assistant/MEAL Officer, Protection Assistants, Protection Officer (PSS), Psychosocial Counsellors, VolRep and Economic Recovery staff on documentation and integration of program activities as per the donor requirements.
Position in Organization:
- Protection Officer – GBV Prevention
- Application due: 9/1/2022
- Workplace: Dadaab
- Department/Country: Kenya
- Contract type: National contract
- Homepage: drc.ngo
- A Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, Health, community and or Gender Development).
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience within the field of protection, sexual and gender-based violence programming, social work;
- Experience working communities within the refugee camp set up in accordance with DRC Dadaab programme and Protection Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs, CHS CoC)
- Experience in implementing behavior change communication and community mobilization strategies such as SASA! EMAP, Peer to Peer/life skills/mentorship Community Based Protection and protection monitoring activities.
- Experience in working with people from diverse background and cultures;
- Clear understanding of Core Humanitarian Standards for Quality and Accountability in humanitarian work (CHS);
- Experience with capacity building of staff, and in convening and facilitating trainings and workshops
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills (English).
How to Apply DRC Protection Officer – GBV Prevention Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 1st Sept 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
To apply for this job please visit candidate.hr-manager.net.