Website International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Requisition ID: req27342
Job Title: Receptionist/Finance Assistant
Sector: Administrative/General Office
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Tucson, AZ USA
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading nonsectarian, voluntary organization providing relief, protection and resettlement services for refugees and victims of oppression. For over 20 years our Tucson office has provided a range of services including resettlement and economic empowerment services, immigration, community gardening and case management.
Our strength and success lie within our core values of Service, Accountability, Equality, and Integrity. We are strongly motivated by our clients and are dedicated to delivering high-impact and quality programs.
The Receptionist/Finance Assistant is responsible for:
· Undertaking general office, reception and administrative duties as requested
· Completing administrative routines relating to orders, invoices, checks, and the receipt and distribution of goods
· Running the reception area
· Meeting and greeting clients
· Managing the telephone line and the alarm system
· Ensure the office has all the supplies it needs ensuring ordering stationary, ensuring the kitchen is fully stocked etc.
· Management of incoming and outgoing post and deliveries
· Issue new employees and interns’ office key, IRC badge and alarm user code
· Update calendar and schedule meetings
· Monitor general office and Volunteer email inboxes, direct emails to appropriate staff, respond to general inquiries
· Coordinate with donors and advise on donation needs and requirements; assist with donation drop-offs
· Assist Operations Team with maintaining and processing office supply requests, valuation of CIK, and managing inventory
· Comply with all IRC policies, procedures, and protocols including the IRC Way and Child Safeguarding Policy
· Additional ad hoc tasks as required
Finance Assistant duties:
· Setting up vendors in Integra.
· Input vendor invoice in the accounting system, known as Integra
· Prepare and submit deposit and customer payment journal.
· Ad hoc duties as requested
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Director
Indirect Reporting: Director
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: IRC Staff, Volunteers, and Interns
External: Position helps support senior management which may include communication with appropriate vendors and community partners.
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience as a receptionist and in finance/accounting related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and strong keyboarding skills and internet usage skills; database familiarity a plus.
- Proven organizational experience with the ability to juggle multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively across teams and in a multi-cultural environment.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written; bilingual language skills preferred.
- Must have or be eligible to receive a valid Fingerprint Clearance card.
Standard office work environment combined w/ standard classroom setting, possibly working remotely on some days, and some travel throughout service delivery area.
Benefits: We offer our employees phenomenal benefits such as paid parental leave, generous time off, and excellent medical, dental, and vision options.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.