Website United Nations Secretariat
The United Nations Secretariat has published a job vacancy announcement on 20th April 2022 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Resident Coordinator to be based in Pretoria, South Africa.
|Recruiter||United Nations Secretariat|
|Location||Pretoria, South Africa|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum 15 years|
|Application Deadline||04th May 2022|
United Nations Secretariat Job Vacancy 2022
Org. Setting and Reporting: In its resolution 72/279 of 31 May 2018, the General Assembly created a dedicated, impartial empowered and sustainable development-focused coordination function for the United Nations development system, drawing on the expertise and assets of all United Nations development system entities, including specialized and non-resident agencies.
- Master’s degree – or equivalent post graduate qualification – in development studies, international relations, political science, economics, social sciences, human rights, law or closely related fields (for otherwise suitably qualified candidates, a first level university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced post graduate university degree).
- Over 15 years of substantive experience and results in leadership roles at the international level is required (including five years of cumulative experience in development, human rights, rule of law peace-building or humanitarian work at country level outside of one’s own country).
- Previous RC experience is required. Senior-level inter-agency coordination experience may be considered in lieu of RC experience.
- Solid experience in the management and/or coordination of multi-sectoral humanitarian programmes, operations and advocacy at the country level and preferably in a multilateral context, is desirable.
- Strong political acumen and experience working with senior government officials and diplomats is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to provide insightful analysis to senior officials and identify possible preventive action, is desirable.
- Experience in collaborating with DPPA and/or other similar entities in an international setting, is desirable.
- Experience engaging with women’s groups, including on political participation, is desirable.
- Experience as a UN Designated Official (DO) for Security is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English is required.
- Job Opening Number: 22-Sustainable Development-RCS-175704-D-Pretoria (X)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply United Nations Secretariat Resident Coordinator Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=175704
The Closing Date: 04th May 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.