Website Save the Children
The Save the Children has published a job vacancy announcement on 29 August 2022 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Safeguarding Officer to be based in Kano, Nigeria.
|Recruiter||Save the Children|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||2 years|
|Application Deadline||12 September 2022|
Save the Children Job Vacancy 2022
Role Purpose: The overall aim of the role is to support the country programme (humanitarian and development) in promoting and building a ‘Safe Organisation’ and zero tolerance to sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) of child and adult beneficiaries through awareness raising and beneficiary sensitisation focusing on the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA) by staff and representatives as well as facilitating confidential reporting of safeguarding and PSEA concerns/incidents through appropriate channels.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Identify and address training needs of staff and stakeholders in humanitarian response in relation to keeping children safe and protecting adults at risk
- Coordinate safeguarding capacity building and mobilise project staff, partners, volunteers and other stakeholders to undergo induction and annual training in Safeguarding, PSEA and Safe Programming training through formal and informal training sessions, webinars, discussion of case studies, quizzes etc.
- Train and support the Safeguarding Focal Points, thematic leads and supporting functions in the fulfilment of their respective safeguarding responsibilities.
- Develop and prepare materials for all safeguarding and Safe Programming related trainings.
- Assist in organising and facilitation of safeguarding induction for newly recruited staff, volunteers, beneficiaries, stakeholders and partners in the field office.
- Facilitate translation of safeguarding IEC materials to local dialects and lead in the procurement and dissemination of all safeguarding IEC materials produced.
- Develop safeguarding messages for various groups of stakeholders and facilitate publication.
- Conduct safeguarding risk assessment for all sectors, projects, programmes and activities involving children in collaboration with respective leads for such activities.
- Compile partners’ activity documents, analyse partners risk assessment result and support on identified gap.
- Conduct safeguarding proposal risk assessment, design mitigation plan and develop safeguarding financial activity plan.
Qualification & Experience:
- A Graduate or Masters in Gender, Child Protection, Human Rights, Humanitarian Action, Anthropology, Development, Conflict or related degree
- Substantial experience of child safeguarding, child protection, PSEA, SGBV or MEAL issues and practice, within humanitarian or insecure settings, including leading or participating in investigations.
- Direct or indirect experience of child protection practice, the Convention on the Rights of the Child, and the Universal Declaration on Human Rights.
- Knowledge of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, the Nigeria Child Rights Acts, VAPP Act, child protection and GBV policies and practice as well as current issues in relation to safeguarding of beneficiaries in the Nigeria context.
- Good data management, data analysis, computer literacy and excellent documentation and report writing skills in English are a must.
- Ability to communicate complex and sensitive information as well as facilitate training to a wide and diverse audience.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Save the Children Safeguarding Officer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 12 September 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.