Website United Nations Development Programme
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 3rd Sept 2022 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Security Information Analyst to be based in Mekele, Tigray, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Development Programme|
|Position||Security Information Analyst|
|Location||Mekele, Tigray, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Advanced University Degree|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||10th Sept 2022|
UNDP Job Vacancy 2022
Position Purpose: The position is part of XB budget resources to support humanitarian operations in Northern Ethiopia. Within limits of delegated authority, and under the general supervision of the Chief Security Adviser Senior, the Security Information Analyst (SIA) at P-3 level is responsible for the management of information relevant to security, including collection, collation, analysis and dissemination, to be used as a decision-making and planning tool by the UN Designated Official and Security Management Team in a field mission to enhance the safety and security of UN personnel, assets and operation. The SIA will maintain security information awareness of all aspects which could potentially affect the safety and security of the UN, including up-to-date knowledge of events relating to the security environment through monitoring of security incidents, daily situation reports, local media and other open sources, and the cultivation of an information gathering and sharing network in accordance with policy and guidelines.
Position in Organization:
- Security Information Analyst
- Job Identification: 5665
- Locations: Mekele, Ethiopia
- Apply Before: 09/10/2022, 09:29 AM
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Agency: Dept of Safety and Security
- Grade: P3
- Vacancy Type: Temporary
- Practice Area: Disaster Risk Reduction and Recovery
- Bureau: Regional Bureau for Africa
- Contract Duration: 364 days
- Education & Work Experience: Master’s Degree – 5 year(s) experience OR Bachelor’s Degree – 7 year(s) experience
- Required Languages: Proficiency in oral and written English
- Vacancy Timeline: 1 Week
- Mobility required/no mobility: no mobility required
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in political, military, or international relations or related fields. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in applied military, police, or political predictive analysis is required.
- At least two years of international experience in a multilateral organization in the field of criminology or corporate security is required.
- Experience in the analysis of either security, crime, political, or military trends is desirable.
- Experience in information or intelligence analysis is desirable.
- Experience in the preparation of analytical statistical reports is desirable.
How to Apply UNDP Security Information Analyst Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 10th Sept 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.