SCOPE OF WORK
Senior Activity Manager
Senior Activity Manager
Period of Performance On/About (From – To)
End of Project
Maximum Level of Effort
Base of Operations
The INVEST Program builds and flexibly deploys a network of experts from an array of organizations to frame and test customized financing solutions that address investment constraints, leverage additional capital, and generate development impacts to create value for USAID missions and operating units. The INVEST Program enables USAID to quickly access relevant expertise from a broad and diverse network of partners, provide tailored, co-created, customer-centric solutions, and drive cross-agency learning and advancement. Designed with a focus on researching, developing, and disseminating best-fit blended finance solutions, the INVEST Program pairs innovative technical approaches with new partnership models, and feeds learning back to USAID to inform its future initiatives in the areas of blended finance and private sector engagement.
The Senior Activity Manager will be responsible for leading the management of multiple complex buy-in activities with significant labor and field presence and minimal direction from senior technical advisors. Responsibilities include overseeing the technical development, implementation and management of buy-in activities, including the management of client relationships and partner/subcontractor relationships. The Senior Activity Manager is also responsible for buy-in activity budget management and financial forecasting, with support from another member of the Activity Team. In addition, the Senior Activity Manager will provide strategic technical direction for procurements and participate in the procurement evaluation and selection process. The Senior Activity Manager will also be responsible for developing and managing buy-in activity scopes of work and budgets and provide surge procurement and operational support to existing INVEST staff as needed. The Senior Activity Manager will support the directing Strategic Investment Advisor (SIA) in coordinating learning capture and developing knowledge products for the buy-in activities they manage in order to make the case for private investment as a critical part of USAID’s Private Sector Engagement work. The Senior Activity Manager will be expected to coordinate and work closely with members of the technical team(s) directly supporting assigned buy-in activities or activities within the directing Strategic Investment Advisor’s portfolio as well as members of INVEST’s Operations, MEL, and Communications teams and the Home Office Project Delivery Team.
Objectives and Duties
The Senior Activity Manager will be responsible for the management of assigned buy-in activities. Tasks may include:
- Manage and track buy-in activity implementation progress by personnel, consultants and subcontractors, ensure it adheres to the approved workplan and deliverable schedule, and troubleshoot deviations;
- Lead development and review of technical deliverables and contribute to subsequent learning;
- Directly manage relationship with client(s), relevant stakeholder(s), and implementing partner(s) and serve as the project’s primary point of contact for the duration of the assigned buy-in activities, often in coordination with the SIA;
- Manage the contractual and operational aspects of the buy-in and coordinate with relevant members of the Operations Team, including but not limited to procurement, financial management, reporting, and MEL
- Support senior technical members of the team in technically developing and managing the activity, subcontractors, deliverables, and strategic guidance with the client;
- Ensure assigned buy-in activities are managed in accordance with USAID regulations and DAI procurement policies;
- Liaise with INVEST’s Evidence and Learning Manager (ELM) and implementing partners to ensure that M&E data capture and data quality contribute to overall INVEST project M&E reporting; ensure that indicators for each activity roll into the project-level indicators, in accordance with the INVEST MEL plan;
- Provide summary learning for periodic required reporting to USAID Private Sector Engagement team and other stakeholders;
- Work with the Chief of Party, Operations Director, and directing SIA in flagging potential issues and developing strategic plans related to buy-in activity implementation;
- Generate buy-in scopes of work and budgets as needed;
- As needed, support the project’s procurement and operational staff;
- 8+ years of prior work experience working on large-scale USAID-funded development projects
- Exhibited excellence in budget, operational, and process management and command of DAI systems and policies (or more general project and business process management experience relevant to USAID implementation)
- Familiarity and/or relevant experience with the technical issues of private capital mobilization, finance and investment, USAID’s private sector engagement policy and partnerships, and relevant development sectors
- Exhibited experience in working with and successfully managing mid- and high-level government clients
- Exhibited supervisory experience and matrixed team management
- Proven project management, communications, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent judgment, sound problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work in a fast moving, fluid team setting with multiple stakeholders
- Experience supervising and managing staff
- Periodic travel potentially required to buy-in activity locations
- Ability to work in the United States
ORGANIZATION AND VALUES
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
To apply for this job please visit phf.tbe.taleo.net.