Website United Nations Children’s Fund
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 27th Aug 2022 for qualified Kenyans to fill in the vacant post of Senior Finance Associate to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Children’s Fund|
|Position||Senior Finance Associate|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Seven years|
|Application Deadline||8th Sept 2022|
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2022
How can you make a difference: The Senior Finance Associate is responsible for all accounting, financial and budgetary transactions and control, as follows:
- Manage the cash position (Cash Management) in accordance with UNICEF cash management policies, rules and regulations and local banking practices. Provides up-to-date information on the cash position or status of such accounts. Compile monthly and quarterly cash requirements from Sections. Request for timely replenishment of bank accounts from DFAM Treasury by ensuring the cash balance not exceeding the maximum cash balance at the end of months.
- Review the appropriateness of payment requests submitted for invoice and payment processing. Ensure disbursement requests for suppliers, government implementing partners, staff related payments and reimbursements are complete, have the required supporting documents, correct computation and are in accordance with UNICEF financial rules, regulations and policies.
- Ensure Service Gateway cases are created and submitted to GSSC following the guidelines and roles set for Local Focal Points (LFP) for Finance and HR. Ensure the requests from programme and operations sections are complete, accurate and have all the required proper supporting documents before cases are created for disbursements to GSSC. Follow-up with GSSC for pending cases and timely response to GSSC for returned/rejected cases. Monitor GSSC dashboard reports and ensure the Office is within the allowable KPIs for Invoicing.
- Review monthly staff payroll are prepared as per HQ/GSSC requirements following the proper steps and schedules. Ensure that the monthly staff payroll entitlements and deductions are complete, as per UNICEF HR rules and regulations and entered in VISION for timely payroll processing. Ensure that monthly reconciliation of payroll related recurrent transactions (payments/deductions) are complete before and after posting of monthly payroll. Prepare and analyze financial data for budget estimates and financial planning as it relates to staff entitlements and benefits.
- Undertake field visits and participate in HACT assurance monitoring activities and spot checks for assigned counties and implementing partners. Participate by providing HACT training to implementing partners when necessary.
- Identify vendors that regularly work with UNICEF KCO and create a database for such vendors. Regularly reconcile these vendor accounts and follow up on clearing of any long outstanding reconciling vendor transactions. Respond to all queries from vendors on the status of their invoice payments.
- Brief staff on the functions of Finance Section and the application and interpretation of UN/UNICEF accounting and financial policies, rules, regulations, procedures and policies.
Position in Organization:
- Senior Finance Associate
- Job no: 554492
- Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
- Duty Station: Nairobi
- Level: G-7
- Location: Kenya
- Categories: Financial Management
- Deadline: 8th Sept 2022
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA or equivalent.
- A minimum of 7 years of practical work experience in the field of accounting & finance. Experience in an international organization will be desirable.
How to Apply UNICEF Senior Finance Associate Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/554492
The Closing Date: 8th Sept 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.