Research Triangle Institute (RTI)
Senior Finance Officer
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Research , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Research Triangle Institute (RTI)
Deadline of this Job:
14 September 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Act to End Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) | East is a five-year project implemented by Research Triangle Institute (RTI) International and funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) that helps national NTD control programs for the control and elimination of five targeted NTDs: lymphatic filariasis, onchocerciasis, schistosomiasis, soil-transmitted helminths, and trachoma. The Sr, Finance Officer position is responsible for ensuring appropriate systems and procedures (budgeting, payroll, cash management, vendors payments, and other related expenditures) are followed to properly disburse, account, budget, and report project funds which are cost effective, timely, with proper internal controls that comply with the terms of the agreement.
• Provide functional support for RTI’s finance and accounting function.
• Ensure that all project expenditures are reasonable, allocable, allowable, have adequate supporting documentation, have the appropriate expense class and account coding, have been approved and goods, services and due deliverables have been received, accepted and are in the required condition, prior to finalizing payments.
• Account/keep track of expenses and other financial transactions, mainly involving expense entry, tracking, and record keeping.
• Review and supervise remittance of applicable local statutory and tax amount payable to the Tanzania Revenue Authority, Pension Funds, and any other statutory requirements.
• Prepare and submit monthly expense reports to the RTI home office.
• Review expenses and financial transactions to ensure it is compliant with RTI policies & procedures as well as the terms of the agreement.
• Manage grants financial management, in coordination with the Grants Manager.
• Maintain inventory tracking system and do periodic reviews to ensure it is compliant with RTI policies & procedures as well as the terms of the agreement.
• Perform cash management functions required in maintaining RTI bank accounts.
• Manage petty cash accounts.
• Review and submit monthly bank reconciliations.
• Provide training materials for field finance staff.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting and 8 years of work experience or Master’s degree and 6 years of work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills & Abilities
• An understanding of and commitment to RTI’s mission and values
• Discreet in the judgment and management of confidential matters, materials, and sensitive issues.
• Ability to answer most inquiries and questions independently and follow up on requests in an efficient manner.
• Ability to resolve problem situations is a tactful and effective manner
• Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, coupled with ability to deal with persons of diverse cultures.
• Ability to understand and interpret policies and procedures as well as the ability to apply them with consistency in a variety of circumstances.
• Ability to work independently and carry out routine responsibilities with minimal supervision
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and working knowledge of accounting software is preferable. QuickBooks proficiency would be a plus.
• Ability to work under pressure especially during demanding periods.
• Ability to communicate in both Swahili and English languages (written and oral).
• Ability to work well in team environment and train others in financial reporting.
• Ability to follow guidelines and controls required by the position.
• Ability to travel 10 – 20% of the time.
• Ability to monitor progress of project against milestones or deadlines, double-check the accuracy of information to discover weakness or missing data and strive for high quality performance.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply please click HERE