Canadian Red Cross Society
At the Canadian Red Cross, we are guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons to apply, particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized people, and people with diverse gender identities and sexual orientations, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager, who will work as part of an agile, continuous-delivery team. Reporting to the Director Program Management Office (PMO) Corporate Services, the primary role of the Senior Project Manager is to lead PMO portfolio projects for programs and department (stakeholders) and their corresponding project team(s) to ensure stakeholder requirements are met and the project is completed on time and within budget per CRC project management standards and procedures.
In this role, you will:
- Define/document project scope, goals and deliverables that support business strategy.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools and in conjunction with agreed-upon deliverables, incorporating Canadian Red Cross specific project tasks, often collaborating with vendor project managers, as well as PMO PMs/Director to ensure CRC program alignment with other interdependent projects/operations.
- Determine the frequency and content of project member status reports, analyzes results, and troubleshoots problem areas.
- Develops best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Direct and manage project, collaborating with the vendor/solution project manager and CRC business leads.
- Work with business stakeholders to ensure their adequate participation in all phases of the project to ensure project success.
- Proactively manages project scope, identifies scope changes and potential impact on budget, schedule assessing options and making recommendations to Director PMO/Executive Steering Committee for decision making.
- Prepare project documentation, reports, and ensures that all required project artefacts are developed and maintained in the appropriate project documentation repository.
- Work as a subject matter expert to support all phases of application development life cycle. Delivers and/or participates in workshops, training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Manage under the direction of the Director the PMO quality management/continuous improvement processes
- Promotion and integration of organizational change management processes/best practices with CRC project management to ensure client success and sustainability of their project changes
What we are looking for:
- University Degree or equivalent.
- At least 10 years’ experience as a Project Manager.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Senior Project Manager on larger/complex projects that include integration with financial, supply chain, human resources and/or CRM systems.
- Ideally experience working within or with corporate Program Management Office (PMO)
- Expertise with project management software, Smartsheet, Jira (Atlassian).
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing cross-functional teams (Information Services, software/hardware vendors and internal business/support clients).
- Previous mentorship experience of staff assigned to project work such as analysts and project managers.
- PMP certification.
- CBAP, ITIL and PROSCI Change management certifications are an asset.
- Ability to work from home as the primary workspace with ability to come to the National Office for key meetings.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground)
NOTE: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.